Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need Words Of Advice And Encouragement
Iam taking the dantes civil war test Thursday afternoon. I have spent since last Friday studying my trusted instancert flash cards. Today, I have received the Rudman testing guide booklet and I am finding alot of questions that I have not studied for...now I have a day and a half before the test and I am confused. What do I concentrate on, the Rudman's guide or instantcert? I have always used instantcert as my 99% study resource. This is one of my final three courses and I sure don't want to blow it this late in the game. It is the last of my upper level courses and I don't want to be looking to find something to pass, because I failed this course. Okay, now I really need some rock solid advice to offset what now appears to be my rock solid fears!! Help Please.
RBOWMAN Wrote:Iam taking the dantes civil war test Thursday afternoon. I have spent since last Friday studying my trusted instancert flash cards. Today, I have received the Rudman testing guide booklet and I am finding alot of questions that I have not studied for...now I have a day and a half before the test and I am confused. What do I concentrate on, the Rudman's guide or instantcert? I have always used instantcert as my 99% study resource. This is one of my final three courses and I sure don't want to blow it this late in the game. It is the last of my upper level courses and I don't want to be looking to find something to pass, because I failed this course. Okay, now I really need some rock solid advice to offset what now appears to be my rock solid fears!! Help Please.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]First, take a deep breath and relax.

Second, know that the key to most of the questions asked in the exam are found in the entire expanded answers of the InstantCert questions and MUST be read and absorbed.

Third, the Rudman questions are quite similar to the style given in the actual exam and will assist you in what to look for. If not sure remember to eliminate the impossible answer choices first and then try to narrow down your final answer.

Fourth, How about another source of study? I found BOTH the "Idiots Guide on the Civil War" AND the Ken Burns Films a great source of information.

Fifth, unless your under some kind of deadline, perhaps you may wish to postpone your exam date a week or so until you are really solid.

Sixth, have confidence in yourself by getting the material down and you WILL NOT fail (but you knew that already).

GOOD LUCK!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
RBOWMAN Wrote:Iam taking the dantes civil war test Thursday afternoon. I have spent since last Friday studying my trusted instancert flash cards. Today, I have received the Rudman testing guide booklet and I am finding alot of questions that I have not studied for...now I have a day and a half before the test and I am confused. What do I concentrate on, the Rudman's guide or instantcert? I have always used instantcert as my 99% study resource. This is one of my final three courses and I sure don't want to blow it this late in the game. It is the last of my upper level courses and I don't want to be looking to find something to pass, because I failed this course. Okay, now I really need some rock solid advice to offset what now appears to be my rock solid fears!! Help Please.

The most important thing at this point is not what you know, its how confident you are about knowing it. You've studied, you can probably get every answer correct on the flashcards, you know your border states, how many times McClellan got fired, who won which major battle... you've done the work. Don't let some last minute information throw you off course.

Test anxiety can easily undermind your efforts - DON'T LET IT. Like Shoto said, breathe! Know that you can always reschedule, take the time you need to ensure you're ready.

Good luck!
Hey, I feel unprepared for most of my tests, and I haven't failed yet, so cheer up. ;-)
sirjake Wrote:Hey, I feel unprepared for most of my tests, and I haven't failed yet, so cheer up. ;-)

You'all should know this Texas boy ain't gonna run from a good challenge. I haven't lost the battle yet and I don't plan to lose one now. What Iam really asking is this," Given the limited time I have left, do I concentrate on the Rudman's Civil War Quiz format or Instantcert"? For those of you have taken this test ..what do suggest??
I just took that exam last Friday. I used sparknotes, Instantcert and read a textbook, Ordeal of Fire. I think I got the most benefit out of the textbook and then Instantcert. Sparknotes were not that helpful in my opinion, but for 5.00 a pop hey...I cannot say anything about the Rudman books, I did not use them for this exam. I have ordered them for Money & Banking and the Rise and fall of the Soviet Union. Good luck!
RBOWMAN Wrote:You'all should know this Texas boy ain't gonna run from a good challenge. I haven't lost the battle yet and I don't plan to lose one now. What Iam really asking is this," Given the limited time I have left, do I concentrate on the Rudman's Civil War Quiz format or Instantcert"? For those of you have taken this test ..what do suggest??

Can you postpone a week and read/watch another book/video until you BUILD your confidence to another level or two?
ShotoJuku Wrote:Can you postpone a week and read/watch another book/video until you BUILD your confidence to another level or two?

NOPE..I'll be fine!! I have to finish all classes by May 1st and I have 6 credits of science and 6 credits in math yet to do. So it's a must do now situation and I'll just cram my lil' brain 'til 1pm Thursday which is put up or shutup time. ya..baby!! A PRAYING I SHALL BE!!
RBOWMAN Wrote:NOPE..I'll be fine!! I have to finish all classes by May 1st and I have 6 credits of science and 6 credits in math yet to do. So it's a must do now situation and I'll just cram my lil' brain 'til 1pm Thursday which is put up or shutup time. ya..baby!! A PRAYING I SHALL BE!!

[SIZE="2"]Good Luck To You!!! Just wondering, what school are you attending?[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"]Good Luck To You!!! Just wondering, what school are you attending?[/SIZE]
THOMAS EDISON ONLINE..I HAVE YET TO TAKE ANY COURSE FROM THEM AS IAM JUST CLEPPING AND TESTING OUT OF ALL SUBJECTS. I HAD 48 CREDITS FROM WAY MAKE WHEN THE WHEEL WAS JUST BEING DISCOVERED.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 666 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,591 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,211 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,045 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  True to his words - Many years later, NHL Player finishes degree! bjcheung77 2 715 06-19-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 2,010 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 705 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 971 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too 2L8 25 5,744 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Alpha
Star TESU or WGU? Advice needed, Ground 0, want to be as realistic as possible! OP88 15 4,167 05-29-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: OP88