Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I *finally* have my AA degree!!
I did it (in 24+ years, hah)!

Made a little 31 credit/3 yr detour (plus previous/transfer credits) at a CC and have been awarded an AA.LA <with full honors> :hurray:

The CC only accepted traditional credit, and with my health issues I couldn't attend full time, so it took a while. I am happy to be done, and feel satisfied, with a nice little sense of accomplishment about all the extra Honor Project credit I completed on my way to graduation.

Now back to working on the BA.SS at TESU! :coolgleam:
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Congratulations! So proud of you! Big Grin
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
CONGRATULATIONS!! Wooohooo! :hurray:

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
KayV Wrote:Congratulations! So proud of you! Big Grin

bricabrac Wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!! Wooohooo! :hurray:

Thank you!! You were both an encouragement to me numerous times, and I much appreciated (and still do appreciate) that!!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
You get to update your signature with your new honors degree!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Mamasaphire Wrote:I did it (in 24+ years, hah)!

Made a little 31 credit/3 yr detour (plus previous/transfer credits) at a CC and have been awarded an AA.LA <with full honors> :hurray:

The CC only accepted traditional credit, and with my health issues I couldn't attend full time, so it took a while. I am happy to be done, and feel satisfied, with a nice little sense of accomplishment about all the extra Honor Project credit I completed on my way to graduation.

Now back to working on the BA.SS at TESU! :coolgleam:

CONGRATULATIONS!

Please let me know if I can be of any help with the Liberal Arts Capstone at TESU (or anything else, of course). Feel free to PM me. I'm so happy for you.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
ladylearner Wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!

Please let me know if I can be of any help with the Liberal Arts Capstone at TESU (or anything else, of course). Feel free to PM me. I'm so happy for you.

Thank you!! I'm sure I will have Capstone questions!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

KayV Wrote:You get to update your signature with your new honors degree!

KayV, I hadn't even thought of that :p ... how do I go about phrasing/abbreviating it correctly, I wonder?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Awesomeness!!!!!

So, you completed it at your community college?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Congrats! Great job!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 772 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,180 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,706 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 618 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 377 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader