Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm Going to Prom!!!!! Ideas needed
It was a great movie. That's a good plan, plus you know that he doesn't mind going to the movies.
CLEPitgirl Wrote:Thanks all!!! I am homeschooled so I won't know anybody but him at prom. Therefore there really is no "group" it's just me and him, thus the chaperones. Oh and pictures happen right when we walk in so there's no problem there. I was talking to him today and he thought maybe we could go see the Hunger Games. I hear it's really good any imput?

I've not, but my 17 year old son took his girlfriend and thought it was fantastic. Even if you don't know anyone, he must, perhaps you can use this as an opportunity to meet 1 or 2 of his good friends? Glad you'll get pics, afterall, you DID buy a dress! Smile Have fun!
Thanks everybody!!! I know we'll have lots of fun!!!! Maybe I'll post a pic!:coolgleam: Only 25 days till prom!!!!
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
Hunger Games was a pretty good movie. I watched it the first day it opened and there were sooo many young people.

Even though he had a very small part, I didn't understand why Lenny Kravitzs' character was in the movie. His relationship with the main character was CREEPY. I see a bright career for the main actress, good acting and easy on the eyes.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
I really don't want to watch that movie. Its like Titanic. Everybody raved about it but I just couldn't go see it. If everybody is doing it, I have an innate desire to run away from it. The same goes for Avatar. I did watch a bit of that movie, since I am a sci fi fanatic, but I never finished it. Its just not my thing.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:I really don't want to watch that movie. Its like Titanic. Everybody raved about it but I just couldn't go see it. If everybody is doing it, I have an innate desire to run away from it. The same goes for Avatar. I did watch a bit of that movie, since I am a sci fi fanatic, but I never finished it. Its just not my thing.

Interesting. Though I liked both Titanic and Avatar, so maybe I'll like the Hunger Games. Anywho I'll find out for myself because we are def going to see it. He's excited about it and that's all that matters to me.
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
Bully, a documentary on bullying that occurs throughout schools, is a good movie too. It's not playing in a lot of theatres.

It's kind of disturbing so it might not be the best choice for prom night. Either way, hope you have a great prom!
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
I have been to the prom twice. Once in 1992 and another time in 1996. Both times we did not see a movie afterward. The first time, I tight rolled my jeans and took off in my teal Camaro after taking off my tux and the second time I probably wore some grungy flannel shirt and listened to Bush while driving away in my red Camaro.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:I have been to the prom twice. Once in 1992 and another time in 1996. Both times we did not see a movie afterward. The first time, I tight rolled my jeans and took off in my teal Camaro after taking off my tux and the second time I probably wore some grungy flannel shirt and listened to Bush while driving away in my red Camaro.

LOL!!!! I think I would have liked the first prom better! Although I wasn't even born yet in '92! lol!
Total Credit - 69

[/SIZE]
CLEPitgirl Wrote:LOL!!!! I think I would have liked the first prom better! Although I wasn't even born yet in '92! lol!

Ah, youth!
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Career Change - Advice Needed acamp 19 1,507 04-04-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: RavindraNagai
  Advice needed, making time for uni work. Personherebb9 14 1,134 06-11-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any Canadians Around? Koodo or Public Mobile Referral Needed bjcheung77 3 1,391 05-28-2020, 10:28 AM
Last Post: LongRoad
  Straighterline spammer / policy change needed dmjacobsen 10 2,088 10-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Hiring 450 teachers, no education degree needed Mamasaphire 9 2,590 06-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Criminal Justice Dissertation Ideas sanantone 37 3,943 05-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Last Post: defscarlett
  Thoughts, Suggestions, Ideas? LaterBloomer 4 1,340 06-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: alleycat
  Exercise Ideas - Coordination mrs.b 12 1,847 10-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Last Post: mrs.b
  Interview ideas.... rebel100 32 3,713 08-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Last Post: SDO
  Work-from-home Ideas mrs.b 34 4,235 04-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Last Post: NAP