Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a little confused.
Hello everyone, I am an American living in China currently. I teach English over here in China. Its come up I need a bachelor's degree to continue working here. I've known this from the beginning and have been searching for options. I heard about this option of testing out for a degree in a huge cut of the time from a friend of mine. Through alot of research I've ended up here looking for help. I've read alot of stuff, and to be honest I'm just confused, not terribly confused, but I'm not sure where to start. I've heard of these three universities listed and visited the website of two, but they all branch off to other websites talking about CLEP this and test out of that and I'm not sure how to begin.

In a nutshell I'm just looking for the fastest accredited major possible, afterwards I'd like to study something I actually want to study, but for now a fast major will do. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to start in all this. I have 0 accredited college experience. I attended an unaccredited college in the past, but that really has no help here. Do I just start taking CLEP tests online at random until I meet the requirements? Where is the path laid out for this Bachelor's in Liberal Arts kind of degrees?

Thank you so much for any help provided, even a link to a website explaining all this would be very helpful, thank you.
Welcome to the forum.

Being that you're currently in China, that may limit you to taking online classes. As far as I know, CLEP and DSST exams are generally not available outside the states (unless you have access to a U.S. military base with a testing center). That said, it is just as quick (quicker in my opinion) to get through online courses via Straighterline, Study.com, and the like than it would be to study for and take a CLEP or DSST exam. Plus you can complete those courses using your own computer, assuming you have a webcam and sufficient internet access for proctoring purposes.

You should check the degree forum wiki for more information. It offers a lot more information on what to expect, and you may also find some example degree plans. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

Also, as an FYI, I removed the duplicate thread posted under the Big 3 category. Please try to avoid starting multiple threads to post duplicate messages.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
i'm not sure if this would be a good idea, but Northern Arizona U offers a BA/BS in Liberal Arts that's competency based.

You pay $3k for 6 months, do as much as you like.

https://nau.edu/online/competency-based-online-degrees/
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here; intrigued, slightly confused and overwhelmed jobojoe285 22 919 Today, 12:38 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  Confused about ACE transcripts bethanyneedsajob 5 1,446 03-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
Sad [CLEP BIOLOGY] InstaCert Error? Or am I just confused? aimiminas 3 1,488 04-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: aimiminas
  New Member that's interested yet confused... Help please :) Crawdad1075 14 9,432 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Confused about options Redhead123 4 1,153 02-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TEEX credits - confused! kevinmane 13 1,725 08-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  Confused about how many credit hours for each Clep test Gretchen 8 1,581 09-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Confused with Alek and ACE reccomendations, Tesc questions. yb1 2 923 09-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Last Post: yb1
  Totally confused on Saylor.org geissingert 3 946 09-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Confused, need some guidance please geissingert 4 853 03-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Last Post: KayV