Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm lost! TESU accepted 43 of my 60 credits but only 22 apply to BSBA
Awonser Wrote:I was really hoping to get my BSBA because if I choose not to work in the paralegal industry I'm not stuck. I'm not sure what all
Jobs I can get with a BSPA?

Well then, I think you're stuck with not getting your paralegal credits accepted into the degree program. That's what happens when you basically change degrees - you may kind of lose the credits you already took.

You can still test out of a BSBA, you just will be starting with a lot less credits than you'd like. No worries, plenty of people here have done it from scratch, you're ahead of those people!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Well then, I think you're stuck with not getting your paralegal credits accepted into the degree program. That's what happens when you basically change degrees - you may kind of lose the credits you already took.

You can still test out of a BSBA, you just will be starting with a lot less credits than you'd like. No worries, plenty of people here have done it from scratch, you're ahead of those people!

I will prob wait to see what WGU or CHARTER accepts credit wise and go from there.

I asked my academic counselor at TESU what cleps I could take and he essentially told me that they change with little to no notice so that has me worried because I was honestly hoping to test out of a lot of cleps this year and rack up some clep credit and then have them apply that to the degree requirements but I don't want to take 5 CLEPs for them to say those don't apply later on? ANy thoughts on this and past experiences?
I sent an email to excelsior yesterday informing him my classes at NPC were evaluated? by the NCCRS and just received an email back apologizing for the oversight and they can accept credits from those that have been evaluated y the NCCRS so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a better result from them. jst wondering what the downside is with going with Excelsior. I heard they help you with a roadmap for Clep exams and alternative credit?
They're generally more expensive but that doesn't mean it's automatically a bad choice to go with them
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
It's common that asking TESU what alternative credit to take gets you no answer. You always have to come at it from the other direction and ask them what a particular test or course will come in as. That's part of why this forum does such a booming business.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:It's common that asking TESU what alternative credit to take gets you no answer. You always have to come at it from the other direction and ask them what a particular test or course will come in as. That's part of why this forum does such a booming business.

Yes - the CLEP equivalencies haven't changed for years (except when CLEP actually made changes to their exams, or ACE downgraded recommendations - but that isn't a TESU issue). But many people at TESU don't know a CLEP from a hole in their head. Instead, you have to figure out what CLEP exams (or other exams/course) you want to take for a particular requirement or area, and then ask specifically "does XXX course/exam fulfill the YYY requirement?" They will be able to answer that easily.

BTW - they list the equivalencies for CLEP, DSST, & ACP courses/exams on the website. And they have an agreement with SL, and SL has it on their website. So no, it doesn't change "with little to no notice" - it doesn't change at all for years and years at a stretch!

On the other hand, many of us on this forum have taken all of the CLEP/DSST/SL/Saylor/ALEKS, etc. courses/exams, and we know the equivalencies. I have a huge Excel spreadsheet that lists them. I know every course you can take for a BSBA, at any of a number of places, almost all by heart.

And just so you know, TESU is famous (on here at least) for having no clue what they're talking about on a regular basis. So, don't believe everything you hear from them. Come back on here to clarify or question anything you hear. And, I would personally tell you to get everything in writing from them.

Not that they don't have a decent program, I'm not saying that you shouldn't use them (I certainly am), but advising isn't great, and the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing. But it's still worth getting a degree there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,497 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 529 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,926 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 680 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 507 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,042 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 397 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az