Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm trying to create degree plan
(08-25-2022, 02:36 AM)Insert Name Wrote: If you’re planning excelsior, definitely do as much through Sophia as possible. 20% discount on EU courses is nice, and maximizing a Sophia subscription can save a lot. 

You only get a discount if you take at least 12cr through them directly.  If not, then the full price stands.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-26-2022, 07:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 02:36 AM)Insert Name Wrote: If you’re planning excelsior, definitely do as much through Sophia as possible. 20% discount on EU courses is nice, and maximizing a Sophia subscription can save a lot. 

You only get a discount if you take at least 12cr through them directly.  If not, then the full price stands.

12cr through Excelsior or Sophia?
Working on: B.S. in Liberal Arts at Excelsior University

#SophiaAmbassador

To get a discount for taking Sophia courses, you must transfer in at least two Sophia courses. Doing JUST that gets you a free application. Then, in order to qualify for the tuition discount, you need to take at least 12 (actually, 13) credits from Excelsior. https://www.excelsior.edu/partner/sophia/ They say 12. However, realistically, because of the 1-credit Info Literacy class, it's 13.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@browniebo, I would just do the 7 credits from Excelsior and transfer in the rest from ACE providers such as Sophia.org and Study.com, etc, if you want NCCRS, take them from Davar Academy, Onlinedegree.com, LawShelf, etc. With a few credits going into Excelsior, I would create a spreadsheet plan, take the courses elsewhere to transfer in and finish the degree with the 7 residency credits - Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-30-2022, 04:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @browniebo, I would just do the 7 credits from Excelsior and transfer in the rest from ACE providers such as Sophia.org and Study.com, etc, if you want NCCRS, take them from Davar Academy, Onlinedegree.com, LawShelf, etc.  With a few credits going into Excelsior, I would create a spreadsheet plan, take the courses elsewhere to transfer in and finish the degree with the 7 residency credits - Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone.

I've taken cornerstone and info lit, so I just need capstone at the end. I just finished 18 credits from Sophia but my advisor told me not to submit them until I finish English Composition 1. I can't find information to say I have to do this so I'm confused. Is there a reference on Excelsior that states this?

(08-17-2022, 01:02 PM)browniebo Wrote: I am 17 years old and graduated last year.

I recently enrolled in Excelsior and have been trying to find the courses needed to graduate. I'm going  
for a B.A. in Liberal Arts.

Credits needed to graduate

Arts and Sciences Lower Level: 30.0
Arts and Sciences Upper Level: 21.0

Any Academic Area Lower Level: 47.0
Any Academic Area Upper Level: 9.0

Areas Above Must Include the Following Requirements

Cornerstone Requirement: 0.0
Written English: 6.0
Humanities Distribution: 1.0
         Humanities Requirement: 0.0
         Ethics: 2.0
Social Sciences/History Distribution: 12.0
Natural Sciences/Math Distribution: 5.0
         Math Requirement: 2.0
         Natural Science Requirement: 2.0
Information Literacy 2.0
Capstone Course 3.0

I've knocked 13 credits off the list but I've got 107 left and need help working out what to use.
My advisor told me I can use something like StraighterLines for the written English requirement.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for online courses to use I'd much appreciate it. Smile

So far I've taken these courses:

CLEP Humanities
CLEP American Literature
CLEP English Literature
EXCELSIOR Information Literacy
EXCELSIOR Cornerstone
SOPHIA Art History 1
SOPHIA Art History 2
SOPHIA Environmental Science
SOPHIA Introduction to Ethics
SOPHIA Macroeconomics
SOPHIA U.S. History 1

Currently working on:

SOPHIA English Composition 1
SOPHIA U.S. History 2

#SophiaAmbassador

Email the advisor back and ask if they will accept English I and II at Sophia.org, if so, take as many Sophia.org courses towards the requirements at Excelsior. If you like CLEP/Modernstates.org, you can go that route too. I would maximize the credits by creating a spreadsheet of what is required for the BSLA and what you have completed, you can post it to your one drive or google drive and have it as a viewable link (not editable). We can comment on it and you can update the details with our recommendations...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-01-2022, 11:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Email the advisor back and ask if they will accept English I and II at Sophia.org, if so, take as many Sophia.org courses towards the requirements at Excelsior.  If you like CLEP/Modernstates.org, you can go that route too.  I would maximize the credits by creating a spreadsheet of what is required for the BSLA and what you have completed, you can post it to your one drive or google drive and have it as a viewable link (not editable).  We can comment on it and you can update the details with our recommendations...

I'll definitely do that! My advisor approved English Comp 1 and 2 at Sophia but wants them submitted first. It's taking me some time with the touchstones. I'll post a spreadsheet with everything I've done soon. Thank you(:

This is the link to all requirements as well as the courses I have taken so far and where they fit into the requirements.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

This is the link for my degree plan as far as courses. If anything is wrong please let me know!(: You have all been so helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

#SophiaAmbassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 1 84 Yesterday, 02:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,662 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 183 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,533 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 576 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 204 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 620 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,072 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 239 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 245 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az