Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I started new job and need help choosing a quick degree for advancement
bjcheung77 Wrote:For anyone who hasn't taken any business requirements or just took one or two of the prerequisites, I would highly take all the courses while you study for the TECEP.
For example, you can take the prerequisites at Straighterline while reviewing the required recommended text for the TECEP.
You'll learn the "requirements" and get to study for the text at the same time!

Where can i find list of the prereqs?
Collegelady2 Wrote:Where can i find list of the prereqs?

Not prereq's but rather the core courses. The 11 courses like econ, accounting, finance, marketing, management, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Collegelady2 Wrote:Where can i find list of the prereqs?

Recommendation - Since you need the prerequisites (core courses), take them at Straighterline or Study.com (I did them all at SL!)

Capstone link: Thomas Edison State University | Courses & Schedules
Syllabus details: http://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/BU...S-421.html

BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone

Strategic Management is a senior-level Capstone course that focuses on the development and implementation of strategy as a means to success in business. This course integrates concepts and applications from various functional areas of business. Relying heavily on case studies, the focus is on how managers engage in strategic thinking, planning, analysis and execution to gain a sustained competitive advantage in the marketplace.

Advisory: It is advisable to have knowledge in a course equivalent to FIN-301 Principles of Finance, MAN-301 Principles of Management, MAR-301 Principles of Marketing, ACC-101 Principles of Financial Accounting, ACC-102 Principles of Managerial Accounting, ECO-111 Microeconomics and ECO-112 Macroeconomics with a grade of C or better to succeed in this course. Students are responsible for making sure that they have the necessary knowledge.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Everything you need for the TECEP is covered in the recommended textbook (Thompson, A. A., Jr., Peteraf, M., Strickland, A. J., III, & Gamble, J. E., Crafting and executing strategy: The quest for competitive advantage, concepts and cases (19th ed. - 18th ed. also works).

Taking other business courses before taking the capstone means you've already covered some of that material and don't need to learn it from scratch for the capstone.

Whether it would be better for you to just focus on the TECEP or do SL/Study courses at the same time as studying for the TECEP depends on how much time you have for studying and your personal learning style.
I received my student I'd number and tried to enroll in the tecep but it was full. Can I take it from somewhere else or am I screwed?
Jtatum2701 Wrote:I received my student I'd number and tried to enroll in the tecep but it was full. Can I take it from somewhere else or am I screwed?
Email them today. Since it's not a course with an instructor, they can open up additional spaces. If you get the email in today, they may be willing to waive the late fee later.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,456 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 771 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,702 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 376 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader