Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBM ACE
Was there ever an answer to how these transferred to TESU?
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

(04-15-2022, 07:23 PM)BSLIONS Wrote: Was there ever an answer to how these transferred to TESU?

I am considering doing the cybersecurity one for the digital forensics credit, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(04-14-2022, 01:50 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Put together a spreadsheet for the Data related courses from IBM/Coursera. A lot of overlapping courses means if someone pursued one of these, it wouldn't be much additional effort to get another(sometimes only 1 more class!) Also, a lot of the credits will overlap somehow but with careful planning(and a generous transfer), someone could rack up a good amount of credits this way. Will probably update with more data for the google data analytics cert later just for planning/comparison.

Took out the link and added an attachment instead.

Thanks, this looks interesting... Might get some more certs for the knowledge and if it receive ACE credits, the better!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just finished the IBM Cybersecurity course. I spread it out by taking a few tests here and there in my free time. If I was in a rush, I could have finished much quicker as the material was mostly review. There was one assignment where you make a 5 slide presentation about a cybersecurity breach which wasn't hard at all. Everything else was multiple-choice questions with a few fill-in-the-blanks. It's a nice intro to the topic though the production quality is quite a bit lower than the google courses. I did like that they included some brief lessons on other topics like bash scripting, python, and SQL which would be invaluable for someone with no tech background. I didn't initially get my credly badge but a quick email to Coursera resolved that within a day. Bonus: I was able to claim the Security Analyst Fundamentals specialization and badge afterward for no extra work.

https://www.coursera.org/specializations...n=IBMBadge
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 4 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • aleksa, jch, Pikachu, rachel83az
(05-01-2022, 06:05 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Just finished the IBM Cybersecurity course. I spread it out by taking a few tests here and there in my free time. If I was in a rush, I could have finished much quicker as the material was mostly review. There was one assignment where you make a 5 slide presentation about a cybersecurity breach which wasn't hard at all. Everything else was multiple-choice questions with a few fill-in-the-blanks. It's a nice intro to the topic though the production quality is quite a bit lower than the google courses. I did like that they included some brief lessons on other topics like bash scripting, python, and SQL which would be invaluable for someone with no tech background. I didn't initially get my credly badge but a quick email to Coursera resolved that within a day. Bonus: I was able to claim the Security Analyst Fundamentals specialization and badge afterward for no extra work.

Apparently I was also able to claim the IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity badge as well since it is also just a subset of the courses in the cybersecurity professional badge.

https://www.credly.com/org/coursera/badg...ialization

Man, all these overlapping badges from IBM are a little out of hand lol

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Pikachu
(05-06-2022, 12:01 AM)MNomadic Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 06:05 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Just finished the IBM Cybersecurity course. I spread it out by taking a few tests here and there in my free time. If I was in a rush, I could have finished much quicker as the material was mostly review. There was one assignment where you make a 5 slide presentation about a cybersecurity breach which wasn't hard at all. Everything else was multiple-choice questions with a few fill-in-the-blanks. It's a nice intro to the topic though the production quality is quite a bit lower than the google courses. I did like that they included some brief lessons on other topics like bash scripting, python, and SQL which would be invaluable for someone with no tech background. I didn't initially get my credly badge but a quick email to Coursera resolved that within a day. Bonus: I was able to claim the Security Analyst Fundamentals specialization and badge afterward for no extra work. 

Apparently I was also able to claim the IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity badge as well since it is also just a subset of the courses in the cybersecurity professional badge.

https://www.credly.com/org/coursera/badg...ialization

Man, all these overlapping badges from IBM are a little out of hand lol

Looks good on a resume especially Zip Recruiter because they pull your badges straight from Credly. Plus, most people aren't going to dig far enough to realize they overlap.
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

[-] The following 1 user Likes BSLIONS's post:
  • Pikachu
Just finished up the IBM data analysis and visualization foundations certificate. I was able to legitimately finish the entire thing within about a day watching most of the material(at 1.5x). It was all pretty basic review but on a topic relevant to some projects I'm working on so I decided to feed 2 birds with one scone while also using it for CPEs to renew a cert. Most anyone could finish it within the 7-day trial period even if you're starting from scratch. If you have even a small amount of experience with excel it can be done within a few hours I think. There was one minor setback: I actually finished all the content weeks ago except for the final assessment that was glitching out for me and based on the discussion board posts, most people were having the same issue, though it appears to be corrected now. Not a bad way to get 9 ACE credits either(including 6 UL). I'll probably strategically revisit more of the IBM certificates over time since many of them have overlapping content that can make subsequent ones easier to finish quickly with some proper planning.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 3 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • doom, pez, Pikachu
IBM's Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate transferred into TESU for 6 credits: Intro to Security Basics (3 credits, CAP-295) and Special Topics in Computer Sci (3 credits, COS-199). No upper-level credit.

I updated the wiki page: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera#IBM
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 3 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • jch, Pikachu, rachel83az
Unfortunately, TESUs meager credit equivalency isn't particularly useful. Shame they didn't give anything for digital forensics.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
At the very least, these should go into the TESU ASNSM Comp Sci, or for those going for the AAS Applied Computer Studies, it should also work as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az