Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBM ACE
Hey, do you know where can I take the costs for credit? Through Coursera it's a disclaimer that it doesn't provide credit.
(10-26-2021, 11:38 PM)Jvr27 Wrote: Hey, do you know where can I take the costs for credit? Through Coursera it's a disclaimer that it doesn't provide credit.

They don't provide credit. They do provide a course that ACE recommends for credit. Colleges can choose to accept that credit recommendation or not. Some are pretty good about accepting ACE while others are not.

(10-26-2021, 11:38 PM)Jvr27 Wrote: Hey, do you know where can I take the costs for credit? Through Coursera it's a disclaimer that it doesn't provide credit.

They don't provide credit. They do provide a course that ACE recommends for credit. Colleges can choose to accept that credit recommendation or not. Some are pretty good about accepting ACE while others are not.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Pikachu
Ok so I have all completed 3 certs and none transfer to anything at TESU, atleast from the credit transcript I’m not sure if I did something wrong but just wanted to let everyone know.
(11-03-2021, 12:08 PM)cizzie Wrote: Ok so I have all completed 3 certs and none transfer to anything at TESU, atleast from the credit transcript I’m not sure if I did something wrong but just wanted to let everyone know.

Wow that's fast. How long did they take you?

(11-03-2021, 12:08 PM)cizzie Wrote: Ok so I have all completed 3 certs and none transfer to anything at TESU, atleast from the credit transcript I’m not sure if I did something wrong but just wanted to let everyone know.
Did you transfer them via Credly/ACE?

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM

How did you transfer them to TESU?  TESU won't take the certs themselves, so did you send them on a Credly transcript?  If so, they should take them, even if they don't apply to your degree, they would come in as Free Electives and/or "Other courses."  TESU will tell you why they don't accept them, or give them a course equivalency number if they do bring them in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@cizzie, did you do the Google Certs too? The ones listed on the other thread? I would like to know what it says on your evaluation, can you post your academic evaluation without your personal details? I am guessing it's going into the "other courses" field if they came in as something that didn't fit in your degree plan and your free electives are maxed out...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-03-2021, 12:30 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

Wow that's fast. How long did they take you?

Did you transfer them via Credly/ACE?

(11-03-2021, 02:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

How did you transfer them to TESU?  TESU won't take the certs themselves, so did you send them on a Credly transcript?  If so, they should take them, even if they don't apply to your degree, they would come in as Free Electives and/or "Other courses."  TESU will tell you why they don't accept them, or give them a course equivalency number if they do bring them in.

(11-03-2021, 09:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @cizzie, did you do the Google Certs too? The ones listed on the other thread? I would like to know what it says on your evaluation, can you post your academic evaluation without your personal details? I am guessing it's going into the "other courses" field if they came in as something that didn't fit in your degree plan and your free electives are maxed out...
So first and foremost i would like to apologize. I went ahead and assumed they did not take the credits but in fact, my eval is not complete yet. They added two classes from my credly transcript immediately upon receiving it. So i assumed the eval was over but they sent me two emails for receiving the transcript and a second letting me know it would take 5 business days to complete the eval. So i have not seen what it will show up as if I can post my eval here with the course equivalents I will let you guys know.

The time it took me to finish them was around 2 months I already had started the analyst and data science certs prior to reading this thread. some of the classes are the same for both and count towards both certs, the cybersecurity one took me around the same time. I will update you guys with the new eval once it is finished, ill look into the google certs if it's really similar to IBMs curriculum, and if i can finish it fast, ill do them for the hell of it and see what they transfer in as.
[-] The following 2 users Like cizzie's post:
  • MNomadic, Pikachu
New IBM specializations approved for credit!
*All data science/analytics related and several credits likely overlap*

IBM Applied Data Science Specialization
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a360cbd
IBM DATA ANALYSIS AND VISUALIZATION FOUNDATIONS SPECIALIZATION
IBM DATA SCIENCE FUNDAMENTALS WITH PYTHON AND SQL SPECIALIZATION

It would be interesting to see someone get all the IBM and Google data-related ACE credits and try to transfer them into a data-focused IT/CS degree to see how much they cover...

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 3 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • bluebooger, jch, Pikachu

.xlsx   IBM_Coursera ACE Spreadsheet.xlsx (Size: 9.88 KB / Downloads: 48)

Put together a spreadsheet for the Data related courses from IBM/Coursera. A lot of overlapping courses means if someone pursued one of these, it wouldn't be much additional effort to get another(sometimes only 1 more class!) Also, a lot of the credits will overlap somehow but with careful planning(and a generous transfer), someone could rack up a good amount of credits this way. Will probably update with more data for the google data analytics cert later just for planning/comparison.

Took out the link and added an attachment instead.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 4 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • doom, NoStudentNoCry, Pikachu, rachel83az
There might be ACE credit overlap, but this doesn't mean that a school will give the same equivalencies to different IBM certificates. It might well be worth going after all of them, even if only for the elective credits. Hopefully, we get more people transferring these things so that we know what their equivalences actually are.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210