Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If it came down to it....
Greggy_D Wrote:Neither. I'm completely done with both the Republican and Democratic parties. I used to be a 25 year Republican until last year. Now I lean towards a Libertarian/Constitutionalist point of view, but consider myself an Independent. I will never, ever vote for a D or R again.

The Big 2 parties are so out of touch with their constituency and have become self-serving whores to themselves and Big Business. I'm so sick of hearing people say, "Well I'll just vote for the lesser of two evils." To that I say, "Since they are both evil, why vote for ANY amount of evil?"

A serious change is needed in this country. Congress needs the reset button pushed.

I fully agree with Greg on this one. I am a registered Republican. I remain so, ONLY so I actually get to vote in the Primary. Other than that......I'm sick of BOTH parties. Those who are conservative, myself included, have truly been betrayed the Republican party. As big of a Bush supporter I was, I can tell you...no longer. I'm still glad he's in office instead of John Kerry or Al Gore, but even so...at this point, I'd probably support his impeachment. I don't take that lightly, either.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
Greggy_D Wrote:Neither. I'm completely done with both the Republican and Democratic parties. I used to be a 25 year Republican until last year. Now I lean towards a Libertarian/Constitutionalist point of view, but consider myself an Independent. I will never, ever vote for a D or R again.

The Big 2 parties are so out of touch with their constituency and have become self-serving whores to themselves and Big Business. I'm so sick of hearing people say, "Well I'll just vote for the lesser of two evils." To that I say, "Since they are both evil, why vote for ANY amount of evil?"

A serious change is needed in this country. Congress needs the reset button pushed.

Thanks Greggy D! If more people thought like you do, our country would quickly dig out of the hole we have fallen into. I consider myself an independent; I will vote for the man, not the party. You're right, both parties are corrupt. My brother helped out on Jim Holt's campaign for Lieutenant Governor here in Arkansas and saw that first hand. Holt was a republican, but very conservative. He did not win . . . I don't trust those electronic voting machines.Rolleyes

By the way, shall we pass the petition to impeach Bush? My pen is ready.Wink
Drummerboy Wrote:By the way, shall we pass the petition to impeach Bush? My pen is ready.Wink

Did I miss something?? Why are we wanting to impeach the President?? :confused:
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
Violating his oath of office by pushing through the post-9/11 USA Patriot Act and Department of Homeland Security Bill and well as staunchly supporting the so-called Patriot Act II would make for good starters. Yet, that would include most of the Congress, too.
Southron Boy

CLEP: English Comp w/ essay, English Comp w/o essay, American Gov't, U.S. History I, A & I Lit, Humanities, Intro Sociology, Intro to Psyc, Human Growth & Development, Intro to Ed Psyc, Prin of Management, Prin of Marketing, Business Law

DSST: Technical Writing
I say "throw 'em all out!" & let's start over, shall we??
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

The Southern people tried to walk away from the federal mess in 1860 and '61. It changed the face of the union from a compact of voluntary states to a union shackled by the chains of force and coercion. It's been downhill since then.

Yet, a rank Congress, a dishonest President, and the revisionist judges are only part of the problem. Yes, throw them out! But how? Corruption is at the State level, too, (shock :eek: ), and it's aggravating when the elections are rigged. In Arkansas, I can tell you stories of payoffs and corruption that would curl your hair. Our beloved Secretary of State, the disHon. Charlie Daniels, who is sworn to uphold fair and honest elections, publically said that their was so much ballot corruption in Arkansas' 2004 election cycle, that he wasn't going to worry about it. There was just too much of it to deal with. Unbelievable!
Southron Boy

CLEP: English Comp w/ essay, English Comp w/o essay, American Gov't, U.S. History I, A & I Lit, Humanities, Intro Sociology, Intro to Psyc, Human Growth & Development, Intro to Ed Psyc, Prin of Management, Prin of Marketing, Business Law

DSST: Technical Writing
Southron Boy Wrote:The Southern people tried to walk away from the federal mess in 1860 and '61. It changed the face of the union from a compact of voluntary states to a union shackled by the chains of force and coercion. It's been downhill since then.

Yet, a rank Congress, a dishonest President, and the revisionist judges are only part of the problem. Yes, throw them out! But how? Corruption is at the State level, too, (shock :eek: ), and it's aggravating when the elections are rigged. In Arkansas, I can tell you stories of payoffs and corruption that would curl your hair. Our beloved Secretary of State, the disHon. Charlie Daniels, who is sworn to uphold fair and honest elections, publically said that their was so much ballot corruption in Arkansas' 2004 election cycle, that he wasn't going to worry about it. There was just too much of it to deal with. Unbelievable!

Would we ever see another secession attempt?? I mean...I think it's getting to that point. This country is SO divided on the issues, that I see it imploding. The right & left don't get along, nor should they! The left (extreme left, generally speaking) doesn't believe in absolute truth. Their motto is basically "Live & let live". The right (again, generally speaking) actually believe in absolute truth & consequences. How can there ever be compromises?? You're talking about groups of people with philosophically different worldviews that do not allow for compromise. So....what to do?
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

And another item I would look for..........

A complete 4 year hiatus on any and all new laws. We don't need any additional laws and as it stands, we have too many. Current politicians justify their existence by passing more and more outrageous and stifling laws.

I would also (if I were President) look to strike down and rescind 60-70% of the exisiting laws during the 4 year hiatus. We gotta get back to basics. Every law that exists today needs to be looked at and thrown out if it is ridiculous and/or only affects a minute percentage of individuals.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
Greggy_D Wrote:And another item I would look for..........

A complete 4 year hiatus on any and all new laws. We don't need any additional laws and as it stands, we have too many. Current politicians justify their existence by passing more and more outrageous and stifling laws.

I would also (if I were President) look to strike down and rescind 60-70% of the exisiting laws during the 4 year hiatus. We gotta get back to basics. Every law that exists today needs to be looked at and thrown out if it is ridiculous and/or only affects a minute percentage of individuals.

I would agree. No new laws. Enforce the ones on the books for once, then we'll sort it out. We don't need anymore 'new' laws.
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

Matymus Wrote:I would agree. No new laws. Enforce the ones on the books for once, then we'll sort it out. We don't need anymore 'new' laws.

I agree. We have TOO MANY LAWS, but NOT ENOUGH JUSTICE. Please, we need to reread the Declaration of Independence where it speaks of "the laws of nature and of nature's God." There are certain laws God has put into His creation that we MUST follow. Today, we are passing laws that CONFLICT with "the laws of nature and of nature's God".

"Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." (Romans 1:19,20).

We also must remember this part of the declaration: "That to secure these rights [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness], governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it . . ."

To Thomas Jefferson, the people should have a lot of power, shouldn't they?

And we cannot forget what Lincoln said: "Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right, a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world."