Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial Saylor exam test experiment
CLEP has been available remotely for a couple of years now; and DSST just (finally!) added that option as well!

GetCollegeCredit.com: UPDATE: Remote Proctoring Now Available for All Test Takers, Including Servicemembers! Please click here to schedule your remote DSST exam.

https://clep.collegeboard.org/about-remo...proctoring: CLEP now offers test takers the option to take a CLEP exam at home with remote proctoring. Below is more information about testing remotely.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
It really depends... It's great to take the exam remotely through proctor if you're aware and OK with the proctoring company data breach issues. Some may live close to a testing center, if that's the case, it's still recommended driving a few minutes to your nearest test center instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-26-2022, 04:55 PM)vetvso Wrote: Okay so here is what I found out about taking a test very quickly today. $5 allows you to know what's on the test. You might pass it or in my case, I failed by 2%. What I found out on this particular test was that none of the three practice tests had relevance to the test for credit. The reason people say the test for credit is harder is that the material being tested on may be very different.

1. The automated proctor took about 30 minutes to get working but seemed to work very well once running.
2. Paying $5 to better understand what is even on the test is major in my opinion, and you might even pass.
3. I think taking the pre-tests helps a little but not enough to pass. Information you already know and studying areas within the test after you take the for-credit test will give you the best chance.
4. This also solves issues with me being overseas often. I can get these using the automated proctor.
5. You get your score right away.

In short taking, the main for credit test is the only way to know what is on it. The guides are broad, and you will not remember all information. So Take the test for $5 and then study. The most you will spend is $15 and that is much cheaper than most other sites or tests. I also think this is a  much faster way to gather some credits in areas you might already know much about such as CS or business.
But do you think the test materials should differ from the final test?
(10-31-2022, 04:22 AM)Londinium7 Wrote:
(10-26-2022, 04:55 PM)vetvso Wrote: Okay so here is what I found out about taking a test very quickly today. $5 allows you to know what's on the test. You might pass it or in my case, I failed by 2%. What I found out on this particular test was that none of the three practice tests had relevance to the test for credit. The reason people say the test for credit is harder is that the material being tested on may be very different.

1. The automated proctor took about 30 minutes to get working but seemed to work very well once running.
2. Paying $5 to better understand what is even on the test is major in my opinion, and you might even pass.
3. I think taking the pre-tests helps a little but not enough to pass. Information you already know and studying areas within the test after you take the for-credit test will give you the best chance.
4. This also solves issues with me being overseas often. I can get these using the automated proctor.
5. You get your score right away.

In short taking, the main for credit test is the only way to know what is on it. The guides are broad, and you will not remember all information. So Take the test for $5 and then study. The most you will spend is $15 and that is much cheaper than most other sites or tests. I also think this is a  much faster way to gather some credits in areas you might already know much about such as CS or business.
But do you think the test materials should differ from the final test?

I would prefer that the non-credit test would be similar to the for-credit test. This would truly tell you if you are ready for the test.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
I'm starting to get addicted to Saylor testing for credit. So far I have taken 2 tests, and several practice tests. For $5 this is as cheap as it gets, and I have re-tested one for a total cost of $15 for 6 credits. I'm going to just keep using this service because the automated proctor makes it faster, and easier to deal with. I will need to do Study.com for a few classes but I enjoy documenting all of what I know so cheaply.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • MNomadic
So I have found out that the last email from Saylor is the ACE badge email 3-4 days after receiving the certification. Assuming you have the same email on saylor and credly it should just show up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 405 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 326 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 303 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,552 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 569 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 795 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,365 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 879 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,179 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 715 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle