Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UGH... This is not good...
So I was ready to take my first exam on Instant Cert Courses... then I wasn't...

I studied, and blocked out time and I got a ZERO

Not because I'm a complete tool. But because something in the testing software doesn't seem to like Chrome.

I couldn't click the answer... I knew the answer but it wouldn't click... I punched at the mouse, click damn it CLICK!!!

Nothing, I disabled the extensions - 3 minutes gone... tried other websites and they all work... 5 minutes gone...

The childhood trauma started flooding my brain... TESTS are BAD... you always find a way to fail...

I'm flippin 50, I make great money working a kewl job... why am I working on a college degree again??? 

Maybe Instant Cert is telling me the same garbage my teachers always did before sending me to the "mud room"... you'll never be good enough, and we'll do everything we can to stop you from being successful...

Is anyone here from Instant Cert Credit, and can they explain what in the world went wrong after answering 62 questions across 3 chapters and 15 units... why can't I click an answer on the test?
I wonder if there's a recent Chrome update that's not playing nice with forms and stuff? There was a post earlier today about similar issues with UMPI. You can PM sgloer and/or send an email to to the address listed here: https://www.instantcert.com/support
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Well they were kind enough to reset the test... knowing my laptop had an issue I decided I should use my desktop..

Still can not answer questions on the quiz... does the EXAM not support chrome while the standard questions do???

Most likely another day trashed...
Strange. IIRC, this is the first time that I've heard of Chrome not working.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(02-08-2022, 08:57 AM)uncoolbilly Wrote: Well they were kind enough to reset the test... knowing my laptop had an issue I decided I should use my desktop..

Still can not answer questions on the quiz... does the EXAM not support chrome while the standard questions do???

Most likely another day trashed...

Have you rebooted recently? Have you installed and run updates on your computers ?
I am assuming it is most likely one of the extensions or a problem with using a VPN. I tried to disable the extinctions, with no success. I am not able to disable the VPN as it is at the router side.

I am going to attempt this from the coffee shop down the street.

While I am annoyed, InstantCredit has been responsive and kind through the whole process. I just wish I could tell if trying to take the exam would be successful without locking myself from the exam if it fails. This only happens with something in the exam - will the Final be a different issue do to restrictions on the PC from my Firm?
You're on a VPN? That could be the problem. Have you asked InstantCert about using a VPN? Some testing sites won't allow a VPN.
I haven't had an issue using RPNow with a VPN. But mine isn't baked into the router, so maybe the router one is doing something weird.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Figured I needed to just get this finished. Borrowed a laptop from a friend and went to the coffee shop down the street. Managed to get Exam 1 finished for American Government. Disappointed that I don't get the test responses back seeing as I received a 92% would like to know what the two questions I got wrong were...

Now I have to borrow the laptop just 3 more times for this course and 15 more times to finish all the courses I have to take on ICC - going to be drinking a lot of coffee for someone who doesn't like coffee Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes uncoolbilly's post:
  • Tedium
Does the coffee shop have hot chocolate or something else you could drink? Big Grin
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG