Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert Courses Expired?
There are threads on other social media platforms today that appear to be a message from Steven Gloer stating that American Government and Spanish 1 were not approved for renewal and expire today. It also states that IC has abandoned adding new ACE courses and developing US History 1 has ended. The website hasn't been updated in ages. Can anyone confirm this info? Seems like if they're not developing the courses listed as coming soon on the website that they should update the website.
Per the National Guide, Spanish WAS renewed. It's good until 2025. It does look like American Government expires today.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • kt320
(06-30-2022, 03:20 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Per the National Guide, Spanish WAS renewed. It's good until 2025. It does look like American Government expires today.

Do you have a link? People are freaking out on another platform. Someone posted the comments I shared but hasn't answered where it came from.
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a378457
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
  • ss20ts
Hopefully ICC courses get updated soon, it may just be a delay on ACE Net, sometimes it takes a little longer to update everything. I think those are the two most active, common, or purchased at ICC. We may get an update on this event soon...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I got an email from Steven Gloer about all of this, but he did not say that I could share it on here, nor did he share anything himself. Not sure why. He did say that both American Government and Spanish were not renewed. I'm not sure why ACE shows Spanish being renewed now, and I hope that's the case, and they'll continue with it going forward.

Hopefully he can come on here and share his plans for ICC after this year. It doesn't look great.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
(06-30-2022, 08:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I got an email from Steven Gloer about all of this, but he did not say that I could share it on here, nor did he share anything himself.  Not sure why.  He did say that both American Government and Spanish were not renewed.  I'm not sure why ACE shows Spanish being renewed now, and I hope that's the case, and they'll continue with it going forward.

Hopefully he can come on here and share his plans for ICC after this year.  It doesn't look great.

American Government was not approved for renewal by ACE. Spanish I was approved as a vocational credit if you look closely at the national guide.

The other four courses were approved. We need to figure out what the vocational credit means for acceptance by the different colleges -- if Spanish is still going to be accepted by some, or if it's useless and we should just pull the course down.

We plan on phasing out American Government today.

The rest of the courses, we will keep them up until the end of the year. At that time, the plan (as of this moment) is to abandon ACE courses and stick to exam prep.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
[-] The following 4 users Like sgloer's post:
  • ashkir, carrythenothing, origamishuttle, Vle045
Ouch, that's a shame. Those are popular courses here on the boards. Sad
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, origamishuttle
(07-01-2022, 08:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Ouch, that's a shame. Those are popular courses here on the boards. Sad

Are any of these courses accepted at COSC?  If so, do we know which ones?
(07-01-2022, 08:23 AM)BigDaddy1 Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 08:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Ouch, that's a shame. Those are popular courses here on the boards. Sad

Are any of these courses accepted at COSC?  If so, do we know which ones?

Unfortunately, InstantCert hasn't been accepted by COSC for a while. These are the ONLY alt credit providers that COSC accepts: https://www.charteroak.edu/pla/credit-for-courses.php
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 200 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 289 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 230,570 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Cheap Education Courses sanantone 5 1,412 01-26-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: acethroughcollege
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,741 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,037 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does WGU accept InstantCREDIT courses mike_1 7 1,968 08-09-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Instantcert keeps billing me monthly CCCC 7 1,814 08-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Other options for Instantcert Spanish? IceSparkle 16 3,237 07-19-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: SevenSister
  Coopersmith Psych Upper Level Courses Nathan7991 7 1,567 05-31-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Cmglaser08