Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert Credit courses
You did a great job on both the exams!! I got a 90% on American Government (the only one that I've taken on InstantCertCredit so far).

BTW I'm considering taking Astronomy too. Please post your feedback as soon as you finish it.
(02-07-2020, 12:55 PM)doom Wrote: You did a great job on both the exams!! I got a 90% on American Government (the only one that I've taken on InstantCertCredit so far).

BTW I'm considering taking Astronomy too. Please post your feedback as soon as you finish it.

Will do! After resting a few days and thinking about the Accounting, I may have been a tad hard on it. The questions during the quizzes were in depth, but not impossible. I found that the base line from IC gave me a good grounding when I started Managerial Accounting on Straighterline this weekend. 

I have finished my two classes for ICCredit this month, but I'll be going back next month for Astronomy and Earth Sci to round off some of my last gen-ed credits. I'll post my thoughts afterward. In the meantime, I am listing to Crash Course astronomy lectures as I drive to and from work every day. I think it will give me a head start on the class and hopefully allow for less notes / more retention. 

Robot
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
(02-07-2020, 12:55 PM)doom Wrote: You did a great job on both the exams!! I got a 90% on American Government (the only one that I've taken on InstantCertCredit so far).

Astronomy is a good course, but it’s the final exam and how they word the questions that can be frustrating.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(02-10-2020, 09:08 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:

Astronomy is a good course, but it’s the final exam and how they word the questions that can be frustrating.

Thank you BrighterFuture88. Do you think flashcards are enough in order to preform well on partial and midterm exams?
Thanks for all this feedback everyone! Much appreciated. I’m going to try my luck with American Government. Not a fan of textbook required courses, but I did enjoy the summary being read to me in the first Chapter. I cancelled the SL American Government course. It was too heavy textbook, no substance in the lessons.

The upcoming courses look promising. I’m trying my hand at Spanish as well.for now. Not going as well as I thought but I just have to put more effort into it I think.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(01-26-2020, 04:06 AM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote:
(12-24-2019, 05:44 AM)doom Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 12:20 PM)Sunshine7612 Wrote: My dd wants to share this:

Hello, I just want to share my experience with InstantCert Credit.  I took American Government, Environmental Sciences, and Astronomy.  I'm planning on using these for my general ed, either TESU or Excelsior.  In my opinion the classes were challenging.  But I expect that for a college-material class, since I am only a home-schooled high school student.  I took only one course at a time, it took me about a week to get it done.  The quizzes were easy.  The exams were challenging.  I wish I would have been able to see what questions I did wrong in the exams.  My overall experience was okay.

I took American Government yesterday, and I agree that exams are challenging, especially when compared with the quizzes. The flashcards are very helpful, yet I the book suggested in the course syllabus is a mandatory resource in order to pass the exam.
I would like to thank Steven from InstantCert support, who managed promptly and effectively an issue that occurred during my mid-term exam.

Thanks InstantCert!!

Doom, 

Your suggesting that picking up the Textbook from the Syllabus is worth it for the InstantCert Credit course? Any suggestions on the lowest place to get one? 

Thanks!
-Robot
I was wondering if anyone who has taken the IC government course might have the textbook they would like to sell? Or is aware of the best place to purchase the 2017 version at a reasonable price? Thank you for your help.
Goal: BA in English (TESU)
91/120

In progress-Coopersmith: Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry
Amazon should be a good place to find it. I think they even have an eBook version if shipping is an issue? You just have to make sure that you've chosen the correct version.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-09-2021, 01:55 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Amazon should be a good place to find it. I think they even have an eBook version if shipping is an issue? You just have to make sure that you've chosen the correct version.

Yes... I’m finding that difficult. It looks like the ebook isn’t the right one. And the one I think is correct is too expensive. ?
Goal: BA in English (TESU)
91/120

In progress-Coopersmith: Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 849 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 679 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,056 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,632 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,977 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 568 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,036 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 322 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77