Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert InstantCREDIT Spanish I Course Review
Provider: InstantCert
Course: Spanish I
Credits: 3 lower level
Transfers to TESU as: Elementary Spanish I (SPA-101)
Course content: Videos, text, quizzes, 2 tests, midterm, final
Final exam format: Multiple choice
Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: Very well aligned
Time taken on course: A little more than a week
Familiarity with subject before course: Very very basic
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: You must make sure you install the Spanish keyboard on your computer to type the accents and letters in order to get credit for your answers. Other than that, InstantCert is definitely the best place to take the Spanish I course
1-10 Difficulty level: 7 (a little easier than I expected)
Price: $20 for the course & $15 for the final exam proctor
Recommend course: Yes! The best online course I have ever taken! The SpanishHour videos make it easy and fun.
[-] The following 3 users Like OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • Mr T, Pikachu, ss20ts
Personally, I prefer US International for being able to type accents. It does take a little getting used to, but I'm so used to it now that I think I'd find it strange to go back.
Hi!

US International definitely takes some getting used to. It was easier for me to enable the Spanish (United Sates) keyboard in Windows for the InstantCert course and then disable it after I took the final exam.

OldManOfTheSea
(07-28-2020, 08:18 AM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote: Hi!

US International definitely takes some getting used to. It was easier for me to enable the Spanish (United Sates) keyboard in Windows for the InstantCert course and then disable it after I took the final exam.

OldManOfTheSea

Thank you, Ali, for taking the time to post your experiences with the various Credit courses! That's a good idea putting them into a template style format that other people can respond to with their own experiences.

By the way, as I had responded in the other Spanish I thread, the quiz software does allow you to hold down some of the keys in order to produce the accented version, such as holding down 'a' to type 'á' or holding down the question mark to type an upside-down question mark. We need to figure out a good, visible place to put that tip.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
[-] The following 4 users Like sgloer's post:
  • Abbrooks, acmh1211, iggydawn, rachel83az
Hey there, I completed the Spanish course with 96% on the final. What is the procedure now for sending my grade to my school (TESU)?
(07-31-2020, 03:43 PM)elcastillo Wrote: Hey there, I completed the Spanish course with 96% on the final. What is the procedure now for sending my grade to my school (TESU)?

Hi!

A 96% is great.. congratulations! You should first add the course to your ACE transcript. Once it is approved, you can send your ACE transcript over to TESU.

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • ms_butterfly
Hi all,

I wanted to offer a heads-up about a typo I have noticed in Spanish 1. I am still in the middle of the course, but here's what I have noticed so far:

Lesson 4 from Chapter 1 introduces the words "cuaderno (notebook)" and "carpeta (folder)" among the vocabulary. These are indeed the correct definitions according to online dictionaries (spanishdict.com and collinsdictionary.com). However, in a couple of later lessons/quizzes, "cuaderno" is mistakenly used when it should be "carpeta." I forget where the first occurence was-it may have been in a quiz-, but another is in Lesson 27 toward the end of the video/transcript.

Just a heads-up. I am enjoying the course in general, though!

-AB
(08-13-2020, 05:04 PM)Abbrooks Wrote: Hi all,

I wanted to offer a heads-up about a typo I have noticed in Spanish 1.  I am still in the middle of the course, but here's what I have noticed so far:

Lesson 4 from Chapter 1 introduces the words "cuaderno (notebook)" and "carpeta (folder)" among the vocabulary.  These are indeed the correct definitions according to online dictionaries (spanishdict.com and collinsdictionary.com). However, in a couple of later lessons/quizzes, "cuaderno" is mistakenly used when it should be "carpeta."  I forget where the first occurence was-it may have been in a quiz-, but another is in Lesson 27 toward the end of the video/transcript.

Just a heads-up.  I am enjoying the course in general, though!

-AB

Thank you, AB! I have fixed the error in the lesson 27 transcript -- it's going to be tough to fix the audio inside of the video, though. I'll see about tracking down the other instances of the cuaderno/carpeta mixup.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes sgloer's post:
  • Mr T
Is there an oral assignment or test in this class?
(08-24-2020, 01:02 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Is there an oral assignment or test in this class?

Hey ss20ts!

There are no oral assignments or tests for this course. Check out the details and the syllabus:

https://www.instantcert.com/credit_courses/Spanish-I

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 2 users Like OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 149 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 494 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 270 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  POS-2820 Comparative Politics TECEP Review GameSlinger 5 589 11-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Kones
  BUS-3110 Business in Society TECEP Review GameSlinger 0 273 10-13-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 227,706 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,701 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,014 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does WGU accept InstantCREDIT courses mike_1 7 1,946 08-09-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Instantcert keeps billing me monthly CCCC 7 1,780 08-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Stacie