Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International students looking for CS degree
(10-25-2022, 12:00 AM)ifomonay Wrote: Maybe to clarify, neither school has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. That may (or may not) be a disadvantage should you ever want to do a Master of Science in Computer Science.

I don't think I've ever heard of it being a hindrance, though there are probably a handful of schools that would care.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-24-2022, 12:19 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey Osioko, Welcome to the board, you've done the template but missed the last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works | You're pretty young, I suggest getting the TESU BSBA CIS and BACS combo.  Here's the WIKI: TESU BACS & BSBA CIS

I would suggest you apply to TESU and have your credits evaluated for transfer, you also need to create an action plan on how to get credits.  I suggest Sophia.org/Study.com for remaining credits, you then need to decide on paying the residency waiver or taking 16 credits to get rid of that waiver fee.
I currently have some CS and math course credits, some English and Japanese course credits and some Google data science credits ......
I can't tell yet how much I can eventually transfer, and I still have some time before I complete my international credit certification and credit evaluation, so I'm rather confused at the moment. But I want to prepare something in advance to save time later. So what credits can I prepare in advance that I will definitely need in my current situation? (Please treat me as someone who knows nothing about American higher education)
Also, considering that some admissions officers of master's programs will focus on my grades and not just credits, I would like my transcripts to reflect as many of my grades as possible as well, even though they are converted. I don't know if this is possible. Or any suggestions?
Hey Osioko, you have some CS/Math, English/Japanese, and some "free elective" credits.  How's your Chinese (Mandarin)?  It's OK to be confused as you're starting the process.  It's really easy actually, you have X credits, you need a total of 120 for the degree.  Many people get past that 120 as some credits may not go into the degree, you just need to complete enough credits that match the requirements.  

Basically, don't overload, overlook, and overthink the process.  The courses you are asking to complete have been "linked" to you already, take courses you haven't got from the link, so don't take any CS/Math, English/Japanese, or free electives.  Take the History, Sociology, etc, and other recommended courses in that link, create a spreadsheet to reference and track your progress.

Your current grades and TESU's 16 credits will get you the GPA you need for the Masters programs.  Alternative credit will not have a grade, it's just credit/pass.  Take your time, review the forum posts/wiki and spreadsheet.  Here's an outdated example if you wanted to review one: BALS/BSBA Double Degree using 5 TECEPS as of Jan 2021: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,213 Yesterday, 09:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,030 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 157 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 914 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 519 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 892 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,758 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,270 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Path to MSW with no degree and 52! BELEEMA 11 431 04-03-2024, 10:30 PM
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 6 332 04-01-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley