Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Request!!! Need Expert on Accelerated Distance Learning for Veterans
***EDITED FOR CLARITY

Hi All,

I'm hosting the Transitioning Veteran Summit, a free online event that showcases success strategies that don't get taught in the average transition seminar. I'd like to showcase an expert on accelerated/alternative higher education strategies, as I feel that these topics are never broached in "sanctioned" veteran transition venues.

Please list below the names of experts who teach accelerated degree acquisition (regionally accredited bachelor or higher). Preference is for those who either are veterans, have supported the veteran/military community, or just have the most to offer in terms providing veterans best practices on how to get their degrees, quickly.

Feel free to email me at courtney.e.wesh@gmail.com, and I appreciate you all for taking the time to read and comment.

Thanks!
Advise them to read their military JST transcript and make sure all military courses are on it. Same with CLEP/DSST exams are on it.

If they have CLEP/DSST exams have them send an official copy to ACE as a backup transcript.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I second what was mentioned earlier, CLEP/DSST and the ACE/NCCRS recommendation for credit providers.
These are the cheapest/easiest/fastest ways of getting an education or degree. Review the Beginners Guide Thread.
There is a degreeforum.wikia.com wiki page also, dedicated to the Big 3 and I would also recommend the others.
Others such as the competency based programs from Hodges, Patten, WGU. Costs range from FREE to $100/course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think the OP is looking for recommendations of people to speak during a webinar.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thanks, you're absolutely right! I'll update my post to better reflect my intent.
Thanks for the response! Please reply if you happen to know any experts on guiding students through that process, especially if they cater to the military/veteran community.
You got mail Smile I just want to highlight here that the accelerated degree is less attractive for veterans as they have access to the GI Bill. However, if they are interesting in attending graduate school where only a liberal arts degree is needed (law, business, and public policy school come to mind), "the big 3" make more sense, even if you are paying out of pocket for every CLEP and DSST (it would be criminal to use a month of your Post 9/11 on a $100~ exam that you could get for free while active duty). In addition, expensive graduate schools with some pre-requisites like medical or dentistry, the big 3 still prove to be an attractive option. Cost for a big 3 degree + some CC classes is less than $10k. That frees up your GI Bill to help knockdown the $250k cost that comes with long, selective schools like these. Combined with the Yellow Ribbon Program, you could be graduating as a MD with $0 debt. Such a lucrative scenario is unheard of but not unreasonable or impossible. People have paid for expensive graduate schools with the GI Bill (especially in Texas). People have gotten accepted into extremely competitive graduate schools with a big 3 degree. Why not combine the two?
25BangBang Wrote:People have gotten accepted into extremely competitive graduate schools with a big 3 degree.
Thank you for this. I've been concerned that my big 3 degree might not be "prestigious" enough to get me into a top 40 graduate school. Knowing it's happened before makes me less nervous.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best and Worst Colleges for Veterans sanantone 9 5,487 09-05-2023, 03:20 AM
Last Post: AUDACITY4U
  GI Bill for independent and distance learning options BBryant165 1 1,319 08-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  New Benefit for Veterans Receiving Disability jamshid666 3 2,666 10-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  Free Coding bootcamps for veterans: VET TEC program through the VA MNomadic 10 4,225 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
  Certificates in Services for Veterans Jonathan Whatley 1 1,871 06-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Busch Gardens or SeaWorld free for veterans MNomadic 0 1,364 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
  Trump moves to cancel student loan debt for disabled veterans decimon 11 5,836 05-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Free Splunk Training for Veterans jamshid666 3 3,785 04-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,960 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
  Only 722 total veterans in top 36 most highly selective colleges! Life Long Learning 3 2,065 03-03-2018, 12:14 AM
Last Post: dfrecore