Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intolerance and Ignorant Behavior
I'm so sorry that happened to your family. My brother also has Asperger's Syndrome. He is a adult, but I know exactly what you are talking about.
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
You're not alone.

So Matthew Taronno, a 20-year-old mildly autistic man, was riding a bus in Ottawa and apparently reading a script he had written into his cell phone. He later admitted his script included some "inappropriate language," and another passenger said he'd been talking loudly.

Then, apparently, Taronno went up to the driver, realized there was a problem and apologized.

According to cellphone video that that other passenger captured, another man, said to be the driver - let loose a stream of profanity, and a threat of physical violence against Taronno.

Taronno says and the consensus seems to agree that this was the driver. The union head is asking us to step back and consider that it might not have been the driver, which, certainly if this went to a disciplinary case or jury trial, of course we would; until then, I believe Taronno. It's also reported that there were only two passengers on the bus.

It's shocking and sad even to read the account. I haven't even brought myself to play the video, embedded here from YouTube.

Autistic passenger responds to bus driver tirade (Warning: Graphic language) (CBC News, November 7, 2011)
You hug and kiss that little dude for me. I think he sounds awesome.
This is why I always use the computerized checkouts.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and a compass and never knows where he may cast" - Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

"The shortest distance between two points is usually under repair." - Anonymous

[SIZE="1"]CLEP/DSST/ACE credits (39), Total costs $1,383
Principles of Management (71), Principles of Supervision (446), Principles of Marketing (76), Management Information Systems (466), Human Resources Management (67), Intro to Computing (465), Environment & Humanity (69), Technical Writing (65), Intro to Business Law (75), Business Law II (80), Principles of Microeconomics (70), American Government (69), Straighterline Accounting II (90%)

[/SIZE]
Krisboelte1 Wrote:You hug and kiss that little dude for me. I think he sounds awesome.

Done and done! He is awesome, and if he were not currently in superhero mode (wearing Spiderman PJs, his favorite blankie draped over his shoulders like a cape, shouting at his computer that "IT FEELS GREAT TO SAVE THE WORLD!" c/o Ben Ten game on their website), I'm certain he would agree. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator sanantone 17 696 04-22-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Pats20