Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to World Religions, and Humanities
Woohoo yet again! I took Into to World Religions last Thursday, and passed with IC only. I'd concur with the rest of the comments, IC is enough, although as with most exams, there are some things on there that IC does not cover. One religion, Dadism or something? That wasn't on IC at all, and there was a q or two about that.

Humanities.... Wheeewwww.... That's a doozy! But, I passed with a 59 (needed a 50) with about 25 hours of study, IC only. That one had me scared the most, of all the other 13 exams I've taken! I go through each question, and mark the ones I don't think I'm getting right - when I finished with Humanities, I had over 90 of 140 q's marked! But, I went ahead and scored it, much to my very relieved surprise!!! If you're a slower reader, this exam might be tight for time, with 90 minutes and 140 questions, but Imanaged to do the whole thing in 45 minutes. There were a few passages, poems, scripts, etc to read in the test, just like Analy. and Inter. Literature, so be ready for that.

So, all I can say is that Humanities is straightforward, and easy, if you've studied for all the material. The catch is figuring out how to study for it all - IC has a lot of it right on for the exam, but there was still some other subjects, writers, artists, etc., that I had no clue about. I'll still say IC is enough for this one, but the recommendations here are right on - study IC well, and a couple of other sources to be sure you pass.

18 SH - 6 classes to go!
David
David Hammond
http://mydadandme.net

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passed:

Microecon 61
Princ of Fin 60
Hum Resource Mgt 53
Org Behavior 55
Ethics in Am 66
Human Growth & Dvlpmnt 63
Intro to Ed Psych 62
Fund of Counseling 52
Analyzing & Inter Lit 56
Crim Justice 49
Intro to Law Enforce 48
Prin of Supervision 55
Intro to World Religions 64
Humanities 59
Env't & Humanity 56
Info Sys & Comp Apps 55
Drug & Alcohol Abuse 53
Intro to Comp 55
Mgt Info Sys 55
Found of Ed 64
[SIZE="3"]Great Job and Great Review!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Congrats!!! at this rate you'll be done in no time!
Dale H.
half way...
Enrolled - BS-BGB Excelsior
Completed - 65 credits
Togo - 4 CLEP, 6 DSST, 2 ECE, 1 EC Course, 1 TECEP
David- Good to know that instacert was helpful in taking Intro to World Religions test. I have been studying this material for 2 months and still don't feel ready to take the test. I am studying with The College Network and the module is interesting but the information is not sticking. I just hooked up with Instacert last week and find it is really helpful. At least I know now what information is important when I study the TCN module. This is my first course and feel a bit overwhelmed, I have 16 more to go. I do enjoy reading the postings it is good to know that I am not alone doing this.------Thanks for the posting.Smile
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Welcome to the IC-Forums JChase!!

Have you been here before (under another name)? [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
jchase Wrote:David- Good to know that instacert was helpful in taking Intro to World Religions test. I have been studying this material for 2 months and still don't feel ready to take the test. I am studying with The College Network and the module is interesting but the information is not sticking. I just hooked up with Instacert last week and find it is really helpful. At least I know now what information is important when I study the TCN module. This is my first course and feel a bit overwhelmed, I have 16 more to go. I do enjoy reading the postings it is good to know that I am not alone doing this.------Thanks for the posting.Smile

Instant will steer you right on this exam jchase. It won't cover everything, as any study guide, but it is by far the best thing I've ever come across for studying, bar none! IC will definetly get you a passing or better grade, depending on how well you memorize the IC stuff.

Here's my study schedule, if this helps you:
I read through IC, taking rather copious notes on everything I think I'll have trouble remembering - and when it's an exam I don't know much about, I might copy most everything on IC. Then I go through each section at least twice, consecutively. I'm a very visual learning, so the writing really helps me, and the visual repitition and typing in the answers is the last step to hammer those facts into memory (short-term, but memory none-the-less!). For Intro to World Religions I started studying on a Monday, studied pretty solid through Wednesday (probably 5-7 hours of study a day), then a little study on Thursday morning, and I took the test at 1:00pm.

So don't sweat it too bad; I mean, only you know how well you're understanding the material, but just keep in mind the exams themselves are multiple choice, so the answer is laid right in front of you! All you have to do is pick out the right answer, or eliminate one, two, or three incorrect answers to begin making very educated guesses. The exams are much easier than just pulling info "out of a hat", just from your memory.

Anyway, hope this helps some, and good luck!
David
David Hammond
http://mydadandme.net

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passed:

Microecon 61
Princ of Fin 60
Hum Resource Mgt 53
Org Behavior 55
Ethics in Am 66
Human Growth & Dvlpmnt 63
Intro to Ed Psych 62
Fund of Counseling 52
Analyzing & Inter Lit 56
Crim Justice 49
Intro to Law Enforce 48
Prin of Supervision 55
Intro to World Religions 64
Humanities 59
Env't & Humanity 56
Info Sys & Comp Apps 55
Drug & Alcohol Abuse 53
Intro to Comp 55
Mgt Info Sys 55
Found of Ed 64
Nice work on both tests David!

And Jchase, if you haven't yet, I believe there were some other posts on World Religion, so you may want to do a search for those. Also, if this is your first DSST exam, I would recommend purchasing their sample tests at The DSST Program . Good luck!

jchase Wrote:David- Good to know that instacert was helpful in taking Intro to World Religions test. I have been studying this material for 2 months and still don't feel ready to take the test. I am studying with The College Network and the module is interesting but the information is not sticking. I just hooked up with Instacert last week and find it is really helpful. At least I know now what information is important when I study the TCN module. This is my first course and feel a bit overwhelmed, I have 16 more to go. I do enjoy reading the postings it is good to know that I am not alone doing this.------Thanks for the posting.Smile
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Hi Brian-I am new to IC forums, I have really enjoyed reading the posts. I am still trying to find my way around, I have never done any thing like this before. I started an RN to BSN program in November, (I am one of those nurses who went to a 3 year nursing program and so I am limited in my options should I decide I want to move in my profession.) I need to take 16 courses and that is not including the nursing courses. As noted before my first course is Intro to World Religions. It seems the more I study the less I know, but the IC flash cards are very helpful. My exam is scheduled for 2/24.
----------JC
jchase Wrote:Hi Brian-I am new to IC forums, I have really enjoyed reading the posts. I am still trying to find my way around, I have never done any thing like this before. I started an RN to BSN program in November, (I am one of those nurses who went to a 3 year nursing program and so I am limited in my options should I decide I want to move in my profession.) I need to take 16 courses and that is not including the nursing courses. As noted before my first course is Intro to World Religions. It seems the more I study the less I know, but the IC flash cards are very helpful. My exam is scheduled for 2/24.
----------JC

[SIZE="2"]You will do fine and will get that BSN before you know it![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

Congratulations!

I am getting ready to take the World Religions test myself. Can you tell me how much the test focuses on the timeline of things? (I.E. Buddha was born in this century, Islam began in that century, etc.) :eek:

Nothing gets to me worse than remembering "when" things happened...

I would appreciate any help you can give! Thanks a bunch!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 199 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 633 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 313 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Slowest student in the world... bjcheung77 1 433 05-22-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,396 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 398 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 952 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 534 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Biggest University In The World Alpha 11 1,164 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts