Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction to Communication at SL
How difficult is this course? Time commitment? 

What are the time requirements for the presentations?

Thanks so much!
Following this one.

About to start this course at SL for transfer to COSC to fulfill the Oral Communication gen ed.
edbrain Wrote:How difficult is this course? Time commitment? 

Thanks so much!

The course is easy enough, took me a week total to get this course completed. You need 3 videos of yourself: into, informative and persuasive presentations. Intro - 2 min, Informative - 6 min, and Persuasive - 8 min in length. I would just type in a few paragraphs and read it off the sheet when filming.

Last but not least, I also took the Study.com Presentation Skills for the Workplace, finished that in less than a day. If you're transferring the course to TESU, the Study.com course is my recommendation. There are a few courses at Study.com that can be done in a day, such as Library Science 101 (meets Info Lit requirement), etc.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SuperTal
(01-31-2019, 02:05 PM)edbrain Wrote: How difficult is this course? Time commitment? 

Thanks so much!

I'm actually currently doing this class. There are three speeches. The first is an introductory speech, around 2 minutes long. The second one is an informative speech, 4-6 minutes long. The final speech is a persuasive speech, 6-8 minutes long. 
The actual reading of the material and quizzes are not that difficult; everything is open-book so it shouldn't be too bad. Speech, and writing, are not my strong suits, though, so I've taken more time with the speeches. Overall, it's not too bad of a course.
[-] The following 2 users Like studyandpass5's post:
  • Sapientes, SuperTal
Thanks so much for the feedback!
I dreaded it.  Put it off for nearly 2 years.  Finally, I bit the bullet and did it.  It was fairly easy, and I did it in a week.  As a matter of fact, I think my video links are still on Youtube. 
I did one of the presentations on Shriner's Children's Hospital.  Did one on the Amish population in Ohio.  Got high marks on everything. Worst part was waiting on the grading.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • cookderosa
We bought this last year and it's been sitting in my son's (inactive) account. We are probably saving it until last - or close to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia-Introduction to Python Programming Juliocrx 2 1,699 11-27-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Juliocrx
Information New Sophia courses coming: Python and Business Communication! MNomadic 27 4,561 08-19-2022, 07:36 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  SNHU Communication BA Equivalents javabeanstudio 8 1,094 06-04-2022, 06:37 PM
  Davar Managerial Communication Flelm 5 1,359 04-29-2021, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  Introduction to Javascript gams007 2 661 03-11-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: gams007
  New Sophia Course - Communication at Work ashkir 44 8,960 02-06-2021, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  Straighterline Business Statistics vs Introduction to statistics All Seas 13 3,536 05-19-2020, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia Visual Communication and WGU oroseeo 3 1,317 04-30-2020, 01:34 PM
  SOPHIA's Introduction to Information Technology to TESU Msybrown 1 1,222 04-15-2020, 04:07 PM