Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree?
(10-13-2023, 07:14 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 06:28 PM)Kones Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 05:43 PM)Pats20 Wrote: They changed the name before this new eval tool. There are BSBAs and BSs.
CIS and cpa track were changed to BS.

BSBA is still all the others. Marketing , hr ect.
I'm curious what my future diploma will say since I'm going for one that is still a BSBA and one that is now a BS. I'm sure it will still just be one degree, but which?
That’s a good question.  Are you doing a dual degree or 1 degree with 2 aos ? 

I already have a ba from tesu. So where they only allow 2 total bachelors I’m going for 2 aos. So I’m assuming mine will say
Bachelor of science accounting and Computer Information Systems. Accounting is listed as my first aos
My understanding is that the diplomas don't list the majors/areas of study. I am doing what I thought was a BSBA with a dual concentration in Accounting and CIS, but now the CIS portion is listed as a BS. It's still the same BSBA requirements so I assume I will end up with a diploma that reads Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. But I'm honestly not sure if it will say just Bachelor of Science or what.
(10-13-2023, 07:37 PM)Kones Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 07:14 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 06:28 PM)Kones Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 05:43 PM)Pats20 Wrote: They changed the name before this new eval tool. There are BSBAs and BSs.
CIS and cpa track were changed to BS.

BSBA is still all the others. Marketing , hr ect.
I'm curious what my future diploma will say since I'm going for one that is still a BSBA and one that is now a BS. I'm sure it will still just be one degree, but which?
That’s a good question.  Are you doing a dual degree or 1 degree with 2 aos ? 

I already have a ba from tesu. So where they only allow 2 total bachelors I’m going for 2 aos. So I’m assuming mine will say
Bachelor of science accounting and Computer Information Systems. Accounting is listed as my first aos
My understanding is that the diplomas don't list the majors/areas of study. I am doing what I thought was a BSBA with a dual concentration in Accounting and CIS, but now the CIS portion is listed as a BS. It's still the same BSBA requirements so I assume I will end up with a diploma that reads Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. But I'm honestly not sure if it will say just Bachelor of Science or what.
You are correct. My Ba says “Bachelor of Arts”
The transcript should say what the concentration is in. I figured mine will say Bachelor of Science. I’m not sure what it will say if it has one as a BS and the other as a BSBA.  Prolly BSBA if I hAd to guess.
My bachelor's diplomas say:

Bachelor of Arts

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration

My transcript says:

Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Arts
Area of Study: Computer Science
Date Conferred: 03/2022

Degree Awarded: BS in Business Administration
Area of Study: Computer Information Systems
Date Conferred: 03/2022

Your transcript is generally more important since that is what people will see if they ask you to confirm your education.

I would be interested in how things will change on your transcript and diploma.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-27-2023, 12:52 AM)jch Wrote: You still get BSBA OPM and BSCIS as "one degree" because they're both at the business school and use the same business capstone.

Nope. Dealing with this nonsense right now. Advising told me today that the director of the registar says they cannot be combined.

(03-30-2023, 11:07 AM)jch Wrote: I plan to graduate with both the BSCIS and one of the other BSBA concentrations to avoid that issue and maximize my potential.

I was told today they are not allowing them to be combined. Only BSBAs can be combined with other BSBAs. If they are BS they go with other BS but for some ridiculous reason they have split separate BSBAs into multiple different categories.

(03-30-2023, 11:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, at the end of the day, I think it's still going to be a BSBA CIS and how it's going to show in your parchment and transcripts.  If you review the two screenshots, Entrepreneurship and others such as International Business are also indicated as a BS.  They'll most likely update the BS Accounting/CPA and whatever else that got into the wrong category and correctly rectify the error or mistake.

Sadly no. I confirmed today that is is going to say Bachelors of Science in Computer Information System and will not mention Business Administration on the degree or transcript. All of them that are BS will not mention business admin. I know advising gets confused often but if you go to the new page for the different "BSBA" degrees https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/curre...istration/ that has them broke into their separate categories, and then click on one, there is no mention of business administration anywhere in the text except to tell you that you have to do the capstone.
I was planning to do:

BA in CS and Math
BSBA in CIS and Operations Management

In this case, I will need to decide if I want to do BS in CIS or BSBA in Operations Management.

And select a new concentration, to go with the newly selected concentration.
(10-20-2023, 09:25 PM)MrPanda Wrote: I was planning to do:

BA in CS and Math

In this case, I won´t have to select a new concentration, as now it would be:

BS in CIS and OPM, my plan wouldn´t need to change, just that I won´t end with a Business Administration degree.
I don't think that's correct. Operations Management is still a BSBA. So, that would be a BA, a BS and BSBA which is 3 degrees and more than you're allowed.
In Progress: TESU BSBA Accounting, BS CIS, AS Computer Science, Cert Organizational Leadership

BA in CS and Math

In this case, I will need to decide if I want to do BS in CIS or BSBA in Operations Management.

Yes Kones, thank you. I noticed that just after sending that post and updated it. Now I read your reply.

BSBA in Accounting / Finance / Human Resources-Organizational Management / Marketing / Operations Managenement

BS in CIS / General Management / Healthcare Management / International Business
(10-20-2023, 09:34 PM)MrPanda Wrote:

BA in CS and Math

Yes Kones, thank you. I noticed that just after sending that post and updated it. Now I read your reply.

BSBA in Accounting / Finance / Human Resources-Organizational Management / Marketing / Operations Managenement

BS in CIS / General Management / Healthcare Management / International Business
You could do accounting / finance 
And cis / healthcare 
Sounds good.
It really depends on the student, if I was doing this all over again, I would do the Entrepreneurship & International Business double AOS, and all the other certs as additions if I ever wanted to, that is because you can add all the certs and these are the only two AOS that doesn't have a cert available... Note: For the AOS, they used to have an option for overlapping classes, but now, there aren't any overlapping courses allowed for any of the AOS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 437 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 422 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 435 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 354 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 352 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 322 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 286 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 648 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 607 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,975 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1