Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Master programs similar to UMPI?
Any Masters courses that let you complete as many courses as you can in a session? Programs besides WGU. I really dislike their mandatory advising session. I really would like a school that has a BM campus like umpi. According to umpi I have to wait until Jan to start and I really want to start b4 the end of the year. I am just looking for alternatives while I wait.
NAU, PUG, UMass Global (previously Brandman), Walden, it really depends what Masters you're looking at, these mentioned all have competency based learning systems that is similar to UMPI and WGU. Within a subject matter you're looking at, it's hard to zone in on the degree or institution... Check the WIKI and search both this and the sister board for some other offerings...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(10-02-2023, 09:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: NAU, PUG, UMass Global (previously Brandman), Walden, it really depends what Masters you're looking at, these mentioned all have competency based learning systems that is similar to UMPI and WGU.  Within a subject matter you're looking at, it's hard to zone in on the degree or institution... Check the WIKI and search both this and the sister board for some other offerings...
NAU does have like two non-nursing programs right? The Globals are dubious reputation-wise (at best). Walden is an option if OP is okay with a for-profit school that isn't BM.
(10-02-2023, 07:34 PM)Ebroady23 Wrote: Any Masters courses that let you complete as many courses as you can in a session? Programs besides WGU. I really dislike their mandatory advising session. I really would like a school that has a BM campus like umpi. According to umpi I have to wait until Jan to start and I really want to start b4 the end of the year. I am just looking for alternatives while I wait.

Honestly, not really. You are not going to find what you are looking for with those criteria (Other than NAU, but you are stuck with OL). Do you absolutely NEED CBE? Why not just go to a reputable BM online program and just take one class at a time or maybe two? It would be manageable time and money-wise. CBE is geared towards people who work in the field and can accelerate past UG courses. Not many people have the experience to just accelerate past masters courses because the teaching philosophy is completely different.

If you open it up to cheap and online, but not CBE you have a ton of options. Grad school is never insanely cheap but many schools (even big state schools) are manageable.
Furthermore, not many institutions allow you to start each month or two, I would stick with UMPI or WGU as they have sessions that aren't starting the traditional semester... While you're waiting, get your other things completed and ready for transfer if at all possible, and make sure you have the prerequisites done too...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-02-2023, 07:34 PM)Ebroady23 Wrote: Any Masters courses that let you complete as many courses as you can in a session? Programs besides WGU. I really dislike their mandatory advising session. I really would like a school that has a BM campus like umpi. According to umpi I have to wait until Jan to start and I really want to start b4 the end of the year. I am just looking for alternatives while I wait.
I also studied at WGU. Yes it is little annoying advising to call you every week. If you are doing pretty good with the classes. You can ask them to call you once in two weeks.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Walden University has a CBE master's program, though I believe they are slower to complete than other options.

PUG, we have had good feedback, and that can be completed in around 6 months.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • priceaction
Achieving both an MBA from Capella University and an MS from Walden University within six months is challenging yet doable, particularly if you have experience in each respective area.
DNP, MBA, MSIO, MSN
Ph.D. candidate - Leadership emphasis in Business
University of the Cumberlands

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,777 572,434 Yesterday, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bennyboi
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 462 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 20,728 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 363 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  New Data Analytics Programs ss20ts 12 736 04-19-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,374 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 573 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 241 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 718 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 640 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM