Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to work on BSBA TESU Capstone without registering for the class?
(09-26-2017, 11:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I am taking the Capstone now, there's really no way to do it before you take the course, because there is no way to know what the teacher is going to assign as case studies and other papers each term.

The writing doesn't seem terrible yet (the term started yesterday), but there is at least 1 paper due each week.

Also, unlike the other Capstones, you don't write a thesis on whatever you want. You do a Case Study on whichever company the teacher assigns.

So how is it going so far =) did you have to register for your midterm already? Did they give you a clue on what the midterm will be about? How's vacation is the text book the 21st edition or 22nd?
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
(10-04-2017, 01:30 PM)BearEDU Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 11:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I am taking the Capstone now, there's really no way to do it before you take the course, because there is no way to know what the teacher is going to assign as case studies and other papers each term.

The writing doesn't seem terrible yet (the term started yesterday), but there is at least 1 paper due each week.

Also, unlike the other Capstones, you don't write a thesis on whatever you want.  You do a Case Study on whichever company the teacher assigns.

So how is it going so far =) did you have to register for your midterm already? Did they give you a clue on what the midterm will be about? How's vacation is the text book the 21st edition or 22nd?

It's going well.  I did go ahead and sign up for the midterm through ProctorU, and the syllabus tells you what the midterm covers (chapters 1-6).  The textbook is the 21st Edition, I rented it through Amazon.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
How's the writing assignments anything scary =) and online discussions as well for the gs?
(10-04-2017, 02:39 PM)BearEDU Wrote: How's the writing assignments anything scary =) and online discussions as well for the gs?

Nothing scary so far.  You read the chapter and then apply what you've learned to a case study, I didn't think it was difficult, and actually thought it quite interesting.

No online discussions with the GS course.  You have to write a short paper for "discussion" assignments, but they're really just answering the instructor's questions in short essay format - no interaction with other students at all.  Thank GOD!

I'm including the syllabus, as I don't think it's secret or anything.  You can see for yourself what the assignments are.

Attached Files
.pdf   GS_BUS-421-sep17.pdf (Size: 712.71 KB / Downloads: 116)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mc.christi
(10-04-2017, 02:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 02:39 PM)BearEDU Wrote: How's the writing assignments anything scary =) and online discussions as well for the gs?

Nothing scary so far.  You read the chapter and then apply what you've learned to a case study, I didn't think it was difficult, and actually thought it quite interesting.

No online discussions with the GS course.  You have to write a short paper for "discussion" assignments, but they're really just answering the instructor's questions in short essay format - no interaction with other students at all.  Thank GOD!

I'm including the syllabus, as I don't think it's secret or anything.  You can see for yourself what the assignments are.
n

Thanks for posting the gs syllabus I could only find the online one. It makes me feel better looking at it. Seem like they give you some time to do each one. Is there an extension available? Also how many words is estimate for the short essay lol sorry for asking so many questions trying to calm my nerves when it comes to writing thank you for your help =)

Wow all those case studies that was picked is good. All of those companies are good case study and fun to write about. I hope my professor will pick the same ones.
(10-04-2017, 03:47 PM)BearEDU Wrote: Thanks for posting the gs syllabus I could only find the online one. It makes me feel better looking at it. Seem like they give you some time to do each one. Is there an extension available? Also how many words is estimate for the short essay lol sorry for asking so many questions trying to calm my nerves when it comes to writing thank you for your help =)

Wow all those case studies that was picked is good. All of those companies are good case study and fun to write about.  I hope my professor will pick the same ones.

No idea on extension.

No idea on short essay length.  I'm going to just write it out, and see how it goes.  I'm guessing it's shorter than the case study, which was 4 pages (double spaced, including in-line citations and a list of references).
Can you register for the capstone any month? Or is it per quarter?

I am making a good stride in my program, already finished the area of study and will have finish most of the business courses before the end of the year.

My idea would be to do the capstone in Jan and then finish the rest of my general education courses after this way I would be enrolled and keep the old catalog in time for june.
BearEDU - I think you are overthinking this. If you really question your ability to write for a capstone, then you should probably take English 1 and/or 2 as a "real" course, and really get the basics down. The only thing that really help becoming a better writer is writing! Unfortunate, but true.

(10-05-2017, 12:32 PM)posabsolute Wrote: Can you register for the capstone any month? Or is it per quarter?

I am making a good stride in my program, already finished the area of study and will have finish most of the business courses before the end of the year.

My idea would be to do the capstone in Jan and then finish the rest of my general education courses after this way I would be enrolled and keep the old catalog in time for june.

TESU courses start on a monthly basis.
(10-05-2017, 10:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote: BearEDU - I think you are overthinking this.  If you really question your ability to write for a capstone, then you should probably take English 1 and/or 2 as a "real" course, and really get the basics down.  The only thing that really help becoming a better writer is writing!  Unfortunate, but true.

(10-05-2017, 12:32 PM)posabsolute Wrote: Can you register for the capstone any month? Or is it per quarter?

TESU courses start on a monthly basis.

lol yea i am a bit overthinking it i took English comp 1 in a brick and mortar  school like many years ago and haven't written an essay for a long time 5yrs i think? I got a b- for that class. Now Im doing english 2 on study.com so far its been amazing and helping me build my confidence up to take the course in nov. The only thing im worried about is the writing structure for a case study. I got good scores so far on my writing from study.com. im just lacking self confidence and feeling the pressure to finish my courses because a position opened up at work and its already hinted that if i get my degree by march i'm pretty much good for it.
(10-04-2017, 09:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 03:47 PM)BearEDU Wrote: Thanks for posting the gs syllabus I could only find the online one. It makes me feel better looking at it. Seem like they give you some time to do each one. Is there an extension available? Also how many words is estimate for the short essay lol sorry for asking so many questions trying to calm my nerves when it comes to writing thank you for your help =)

Wow all those case studies that was picked is good. All of those companies are good case study and fun to write about.  I hope my professor will pick the same ones.

No idea on extension.

No idea on short essay length.  I'm going to just write it out, and see how it goes.  I'm guessing it's shorter than the case study, which was 4 pages (double spaced, including in-line citations and a list of references).

Per the instructor: short essay should be 2-3 short paragraphs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,206 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,283 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic