Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a time limit when completing your clep test?
Will I have a limited amount of time to complete the test?
Yes, they are timed.

If you have a documented disability you may be able to request accommodations from College Board (in advance!). YMMV. https://www.collegeboard.org/students-with-disabilities
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Yes there is! It usually is 90 minutes, somewhere in there.
It's more than enough time to get it done, even with take extra time with some of the questions.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
passit1 Wrote:It's more than enough time to get it done, even with take extra time with some of the questions.

well, that totally depends on the subject and how prepared you are

for me the biology exam was a breeze, but I totally blanked out in the precalculus exam (pro tip: don't schedule your exam for the Monday after a video game expansion releases)
I think that for many people, who possibly aren't great test-takers, there is definitely not plenty of time to take these tests. It kind of drives me crazy when people say this (and the "ALEKS precalc is a piece of cake, I finished in 47 seconds" thing as well).

Not everyone is a fast reader, or a good test-taker, or feels comfortable being timed, or feels great sitting in a testing center surrounded by people. There are plenty of reasons that someone might not do well on a test, and sometimes people here seem to forget that and tell everyone how easy things should be. I think someone who went in and had a really hard time might get very discouraged and feel that maybe this getting a degree by testing out thing might not be for them, as it's so darn easy for everyone else but not for them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Everyone's talents lie in different areas and sure, some aren't natural test takers. My test grades weren't good as a kid for that reason. But I applied myself and learned how to improve.

Some of us aren't naturally athletic and we're picked last for teams in gym. At 40 I decided to change that and at 42 I completed several mud runs.

Some of us were not born with natural people skills and were taunted and ostracized without understanding why. I decided to change that in high school and joined the public speaking team. Now i manage people and enjoy public speaking.

I am amazingly un-special. Average IQ. I just applied myself and worked like hell to get better.

Should i have given up as a child because I wasn't good at people, sports,school or tests? Sorry, 8 yr old Dina - you're genetically inferior, time to go play in traffic.

Whoever read my post and felt defeated: You can do this! I did it and if you PM me I'll help you. If you don't believe in yourself, know this: I believe in you. So do your friends, family and these degreeforum folks! And if you try and fail, learn, adapt and go at it again.

Hearing about the success of someone born with the ability to easily achieve is boring. But everyone loves a comeback story!
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
CLEP accommodations are made through the testing center. https://www.collegeboard.org/students-wi...ther-exams
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
The time limit is typically 90-100 minutes. This is plenty of time for most exams, especially those with short multiple-choice answers, like Marketing and Humanities. For those, I had time to double-check my answers with plenty of time to spare.

On the other hand, I used every second for College Algebra, which had lots of calculations to do. Also, I needed a lot of time in Analyzing & Interpreting Literature just because there was so much reading.

And, as mentioned above, some people are faster readers and better test-takers than others, so your results will vary. If you have the CLEP study guide, it wouldn't hurt to take a simulated test under those time conditions so you'll better know what to expect.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
passit1 Wrote:Whoever read my post and felt defeated: You can do this! I did it and if you PM me I'll help you. If you don't believe in yourself, know this: I believe in you. So do your friends, family and these degreeforum folks! And if you try and fail, learn, adapt and go at it again.

I love your story, and I know about how hard you worked on everything. I didn't say I felt defeated. I just worry about telling people, especially newbies, that something is really easy. Not a word I would use about ANY of this degree stuff. We all work really HARD on things, especially on things we're not good at!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Rule: Whoa, Canada | Real Time with Bill Maher LevelUP 3 126 04-14-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb How to make screen time useful for kids? drArret8 2 454 01-03-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Advice needed, making time for uni work. Personherebb9 14 1,133 06-11-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Speed Reading Test. NOBODY Can Pass Level 10 LevelUP 0 485 04-10-2023, 12:27 AM
  Do You Have ADHD? Here's A Test LevelUP 7 760 02-08-2023, 03:22 PM
  Would you keep a part time job listed on your LinkedIn Vle045 3 819 04-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Problems posting test scores sparky134 0 536 05-25-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: sparky134
  Full-time...to internship??? amaquiling 9 1,371 11-13-2020, 02:36 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  10th Anniversary! (Wow, time flies!) bjcheung77 2 973 03-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  Physics GRE Subject Test Does Not Predict PhD Completion sanantone 10 2,119 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone