Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any way to make TESC go faster?
All of the course descriptions and even some syllabi are available on my community college's website. If I point registrar to those, will they go faster? I'm an enrolled student and this 4-6 weeks is driving me crazy. I have 21 new credits from my CC that need to be evaluated. I really need to know where I'm at so I know I'm taking the right CLEPs/DSSTs. The advisors won't give me any advice until my new credits are evaluated. I'm trying to make the Oct. 1 deadline. Why does it take them so long to transcribe ACE and FEMA credits? Those should be a given.
Are you enrolled, but not taking any classes? As soon as I had financial aid in place, I signed up for classes and used that as leverage, however they have jacked my evaluation all around then wanted me to send in verification of currency... I'm still waiting now for those classes that I verified to show up. In essence, I applied 6/4, had transcripts sent immediately, tesc had them by 6/21 and now it is 8/2 and I'm still waiting! I'm taking 3 classes though that will apply. You may have to wait until the actual evaluation is done, then check to see if they are credited correctly. Every time I have asked about evaluation via online email form, I have had someone else tell me different than what the previous person said.
Next Goal - MS in Pharmacy, Major Pharmaceutical Sciences, concentration Forensic Science via University of Florida
BSAST Health Services Technology 2012
AA General Ed 2012
AAS Medical Laboratory Technician HCC 1994

Straighterline Courses
English Comp I
A&P II
Medical Terminology
Intro to Biology
Statistics
Managerial Accounting
Earned 127, currently enrolled at TESC working on last 6 credits in order to graduate by 6/2012!!
I don't have to worry about currency in my degree program and all of the new credits that need to be applied were taken this year. They've had the FEMA and ACE transcripts for almost 3 weeks and my CC transcript for 2. There shouldn't even be an evaluation process for FEMA and ACE credits. I'm enrolled, but I am not taking any courses with TESC. I submitted a ticket to registrar through MyEdison with links to all the syllabi and course descriptions at my CC. I'm taking 4 paper DSSTs in two weeks, hopefully, and the scores can take up to 4 weeks to reach the college. That will be in the middle of September and then I would have to wait for TESC to transcribe them. I'm taking these blind with the hope that they will apply to my degree program and they'll be the only credits I'll have left to finish. Advisement won't give me any advice until all of my new credits are transcribed.
Sorry, these are gub-mint workers you are dealing with here. They take their time.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
write or call Dr Garry Keel the head of advising If you explain your problem he may be able to speed things up. Just curiouz why are you taking paper DSST?
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
unless you talk with Dr Keel, you're going to be sitting and waiting. Only thing I can suggest is list the degree you're working on and the credits you just turned in- likely several of us here can tell you where some (many) will fall. HTH
I'm taking paper DSSTs because I could only find one school in the 7th largest city in the U.S. that administers DSSTs to non-students. Devry administers the online version, but they're in the process of moving and don't have everything set up. I think another university might be an option for the online test, but I'm waiting to see if they'll be able to administer it in the next couple of weeks.

The last time I emailed Dr. Keel, he forwarded my email to an advisor. I think TESC is just understaffed. Registrar said that they take around 20 business days to evaluate transcripts because they receive so many everyday. An evaluator told me they have 1900 outstanding evaluations to complete at the moment and that he or she will try to get mine done next week. I finally got another advisor to answer my emails. I've been getting the same one who wouldn't give me any advice. This other one finally approved courses to go into my degree plan.

Thank you for all the suggestions.
You know what I would do if I were 1900 in the hole?
I would have my staff stay late every friday until most of the evals were taken care of.
This is what we did when I worked at the computer store. Some days you would have so much work, it was not possible for a couple of techs to complete it all in a 40 hour work week. So that week you didn't work 40 hours.
ryoder Wrote:You know what I would do if I were 1900 in the hole?
I would have my staff stay late every friday until most of the evals were taken care of.
This is what we did when I worked at the computer store. Some days you would have so much work, it was not possible for a couple of techs to complete it all in a 40 hour work week. So that week you didn't work 40 hours.

Union rules. New Jersey is in a crappy financial situation as it is, so exactly how is Gov Christie supposed to tell the people of the state he has to raise their taxes to pay the overtime required to have the TESC staff stay late and work on the backlog, just to speed things up for students who are getting away with paying only a fraction of what the rest of the TESC students have to pay to get the same degree?

The speed ticks me off too, but it's not an easy fix.

Now as far as squeezing more blood from the rock during normal work hours, why, that is tantamount to torture. They need their 500 smoke breaks each day! Confusedmilelol:
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
I didn't mean to say they should be paid overtime. These are most likely salaried and exempt from overtime. In the private sector people work overtime for free all the time when the work backs up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,666 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,457 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,203 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,994 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,366 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,776 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,753 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,318 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,903 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,982 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77