Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a viable way to wrap up TESU BSBA Accounting degree?
Assuming ahead of this I've met all requirements of the degree other than 18 credits (6 of which are UL AOS).

One term (15 credits, $3579)
  • Critical Info Theory - Cornerstone
  • Principles of Finance
  • Astronomy
  • Public Speaking
  • Business Admin - Capstone (UL AOS)

Followed by a TECEP ($210)
  • Federal Income Taxation I (UL AOS)

Does that seem reasonable? Is 15 credits too much for one term. I work PT in retail but I could drop that during the 12 week term.
Not completely sure about those classes in particular. Some are going to be way more difficult than others. But you will need at least 16 TESU credits in classes or ePacks to avoid the residency waiver. The TECEP doesn't count towards residency. Add PLA-100 (which can be finished in 5-10 hours) to get the 16 credits needed to avoid the waiver.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
(10-09-2021, 10:52 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Not completely sure about those classes in particular. Some are going to be way more difficult than others. But you will need at least 16 TESU credits in classes or ePacks to avoid the residency waiver. The TECEP doesn't count towards residency. Add PLA-100 (which can be finished in 5-10 hours) to get the 16 credits needed to avoid the waiver.

Ouch! I didn't realize TECEPS don't count for the 16.

I will add PLA-100. Thank you.
Only courses or e-packs will count for the 16 residency credits, TECEPS won't unless you're an active service person... You may want to just do the cornerstone/capstone, then take the PLA-100 and three E-Packs that can be used towards your degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • thecontrarian
Not certain they'll allow you to take the capstone if you don't have the Core & AoS already completed?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • thecontrarian
(10-09-2021, 12:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Not certain they'll allow you to take the capstone if you don't have the Core & AoS already completed?

Yes, I was a little worried about that.

Fed Tax is AOS/
I thought you just needed to have most of it done? Minimum 100 credits and I don't remember any other restrictions.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • thecontrarian
You need 100 credits before they let you take the capstone.  You can ask for an exemption if you are under but it can't be too far under 100.  I took the capstone before my AOS was done and I was under 100 credits.  You do have to get approval to take the capstone course.

The 1 credit PLA-100 course only lasts one month.

I would do your TECEPs first, because if you fail the TECEPs that are needed for your degree, then you won't be able to graduate after you are done with your 16cr term and may end up having to take the TECEP as a regular course doing another term at TESU.  (That would waste a lot of time and money)

If you are doing TECEPs for the RA requirement, then I would pick the easiest TECEPs possible.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • thecontrarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 766 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 293 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 248 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 238 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger