Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's all over but....
....the 590 bucks I have to pay EC due to the fact I switched to option #2 on my military plan. I didn't take the necesary 11 credits (minus time served with the paltry IL class!). So I had to pay half the difference (590$). I ponied up my already groaning Visa card and paid the fee. I don't know really what comes next, which is my question to all of you who have finished with EC.

Other than recieving your diploma in the mail, did anyone opt to walk down an isle at a graduation ceremony? I am out here in CA land, so flying out to NY is a little prohibitive. While I don't need to stroke my ego with this kind of thing, is it even an option?

I will let you all know what my final GPA is, I asked for the non-necesary credit drop in favor of GPA enhancement. As the holidays approach, I am sure that no one will even see my graduation request until early January.

Since this is the last hoorah, here is something I was toying with:

My break-down for my actual costs are as follows:

IC (1 year)= 240$
Info Lit= 280$
Registration= 50$
Yearly Fee= 790$
Text Books at Goodwill (Orange County, CA)= 19.50$
Military Testing= 0.00$
Thank-You card for my Education Service Officer= 3.00$

Total So Far= 1382.50$

Hopefully I will recoup some of this money through grants etc from the military. If not that is still pretty damn cheap for a 4 year Bachelors Degree!

Thanks to everyone here that has helped me on this one. I am not declaring victory on this until I get the diploma in my hands, but as they say, wake up the fat lady, she's on in 5....

-HB
Working On:
NOTHING!!!!
Finished: Graduated BSL 15 Feb 08, Waiting on the USPS to deliver the cert.

[SIZE="2"]Passed:
All Clep Generals (Except Math)
ECE Composition,Clep Intro to Soc,DSST Human Cult Geography,World Conflict,HRM,World Pop,Ethics,ECE Research Methods in Psych,Abnormal Psych,
DSST Technical Writing, Intro World Religions,
MIS,Drugs and Alcohol, R+F USSR,Intro to Computers,Civil War,Criminal Justice,B. Math
Environment+Humanity,Info Systems+Comp Apps, CLEP- US History 1+2,Ana. Lit, DSST- Intro to Buisness [/SIZE]
highlanderburial Wrote:....the 590 bucks I have to pay EC due to the fact I switched to option #2 on my military plan. I didn't take the necesary 11 credits (minus time served with the paltry IL class!). So I had to pay half the difference (590$). I ponied up my already groaning Visa card and paid the fee. I don't know really what comes next, which is my question to all of you who have finished with EC.

Other than recieving your diploma in the mail, did anyone opt to walk down an isle at a graduation ceremony? I am out here in CA land, so flying out to NY is a little prohibitive. While I don't need to stroke my ego with this kind of thing, is it even an option?

I will let you all know what my final GPA is, I asked for the non-necesary credit drop in favor of GPA enhancement. As the holidays approach, I am sure that no one will even see my graduation request until early January.

IC (1 year)= 240$
Info Lit= 280$
Registration= 50$
Yearly Fee= 790$
Military Testing= 0.00$

Total So Far= 1382.50$

Hopefully I will recoup some of this money through grants etc from the military. If not that is still pretty damn cheap for a 4 year Bachelors Degree!

Thanks to everyone here that has helped me on this one. I am not declaring victory on this until I get the diploma in my hands, but as they say, wake up the fat lady, she's on in 5....

-HB

I am amazed at the cost. Mine will be about 5 times higher, but still a heck of a deal.
highlanderburial Wrote:....the 590 bucks I have to pay EC due to the fact I switched to option #2 on my military plan. I didn't take the necesary 11 credits (minus time served with the paltry IL class!). So I had to pay half the difference (590$). I ponied up my already groaning Visa card and paid the fee. I don't know really what comes next, which is my question to all of you who have finished with EC.

IC (1 year)= 240$
Info Lit= 280$
Registration= 50$
Yearly Fee= 790$
Military Testing= 0.00$

Total So Far= 1382.50$

-HB

Me, my wife and my mom are all graduating from Excelsior this year with various degrees. My brother may graduate as well.

We are all going to fly to New York and walk in the ceremony. I have yet to see the actual grad date from Excelsior though.

It seems to me a worthy milestone that should be recognized. The photo of you in a cap and gown, however overdue it may be, is priceless my friend.

Do it for your family.Big Grin
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
cinderly Wrote:Imuststudy -- commencement is on July 11, 2008. All paperwork has to be in by May 24 for July graduation. Big Grin

Thanks for the info. Where can I find this info online?

Looks like we will see you at the graduation...Big Grin
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
ImustStudy Wrote:Me, my wife and my mom are all graduating from Excelsior this year with various degrees. My brother may graduate as well.

We are all going to fly to New York and walk in the ceremony. I have yet to see the actual grad date from Excelsior though.

It seems to me a worthy milestone that should be recognized. The photo of you in a cap and gown, however overdue it may be, is priceless my friend.

Do it for your family.Big Grin

The only short-coming of EC is that they dont' have any reciprocation agreements with any other colleges regarding graduation. I am thinking that I can save a whole lot of money by photoshopping my face into last year's graduation at EC or wait until 08's graduation and do the same!
My mom cried when I told her that I had finally passed my last test and met the standards for graduation.
Not bad for a kid whose picture sat up next to the presidents in the detention room!
-HB
Working On:
NOTHING!!!!

[SIZE="2"]Passed:
ECE Composition,Clep Intro to Soc,DSST Human Cult Geography,World Conflict,HRM,World Pop,Ethics,ECE Research Methods in Psych,Abnormal Psych,
MIS,Drugs and Alcohol, R+F USSR,Intro to Computers,Civil War,Criminal Justice,B. Math
Environment+Humanity,Info Systems+Comp Apps, CLEP- US History 1+2,Ana. Lit, DSST- Intro to Buisness [/SIZE]
-HB

If you have the GI bill, the GI bill may pick that $590 up. Worth looking into.
Calico Wrote:If you have the GI bill, the GI bill may pick that $590 up. Worth looking into.

The GI Bill would pick it up, but once you start using it you have a finite time to finish. Also, there is pretty heavy talk about making the GI Bill "giftable" to dependants. That would help me out immensely as my college savings for my kids wouldn't get them room and board for a year at a state college right now! If this never comes to pass, I will use it towards my masters degree, but at some point I think tuition assistance will pay for that as well.
Thanks for your comment and advice.
-HB
Working On:
NOTHING!!!!

[SIZE="2"]Passed: