Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JUST NEED HELP...
(01-17-2019, 06:45 PM)richlyblessed Wrote: Sure @ Merlin, i think that is the way i will go because i checked their website and it cost about $499/credit which is way more than paying for the waiver.

FYI, with the Study.com (aka SDC) affiliation discount, in addition to gaining in-state pricing on the residency fee waiver ($2,200 vs $2,500), you also get reduced tuition fees. You'll pay $366/credit instead of $499/credit for per-credit tuition. This makes the capstone and all other traditional 3-credit courses at TESU cost $1,098 instead of $1,497.

Btw, since you need to take the cornerstone course you should aim to take it soon. If you take it before July 1st, you'll only pay $300 for a 1 credit course that takes most people less than two hours to complete. If you wait until July 1st or later, you'll have to take a regular 3 credit course ($1,098 or $1,497) and spend 3 months completing it.

(01-17-2019, 06:45 PM)richlyblessed Wrote: So i have some questions....

1) I have decided to pay for the waiver but how do i get the study.com discount when i want to do that?

1. Well first you need to sign up for a College Accelerator membership with Study.com ($199/month)
  2. Then you'll need to complete and pass two courses, including their final exams and any papers or projects they require (technically you only need to take one course, but the first two proctored final exams each month are included in the monthly membership, so you should always aim to take at least two courses every month)
  3. After you receive confirmation from SDC that you've officially passed those courses (which usually takes a week or two from the date the proctored final exam is completed), you can transfer them directly to TESU for evaluation (you don't need to use ACE for this)
  4. Once TESU has evaluated the SDC courses, they may automatically flag your account as a Study.com corporate choice account (aka affiliate member) if you specified the Study.com affiliation on your TESU application, though most likely you'll need to call the school to get them to add the flag
  5. Having the affiliate flag automatically entitles you to all the discounts
FYI, you can also check out https://www.tesu.edu/studycom for more details on the SDC and TESU partnership.

(01-17-2019, 06:45 PM)richlyblessed Wrote: 2) Since my transcripts are yet to arrive and when they do, i will have to send them to WES for evaluation before they even get to TESU, i have decided to use the time wisely and test out some necessary courses ASAP. i am looking at majoring in History and Human Resource Management. I have a lot of history credit from back home and couple of credits from Patten University that will fit into HR, so i figured i will just go with both. With this i will like to test out these courses and will appreciate if anyone can help me with the best and cheapest place to test them out (excluding DSST OR CLEP..IT HAS TO BE STRICTLY ONLINE TESTING)

i)  Human Resource Management
ii) Change Management
iii)Sociology of work
iv)Interpersonal communications
v)Legal principles and practices of employment law

Thanks..Smile

As dfrecore mentioned, you can take all of those at Study.com. Sounds like you already have a starting list of courses to take.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador