Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Javascript course?
Hi there,

Is there a Javascript course available for credit? I’ve started with Python but I feel like Javascript might be the most practical for web development. Thanks!
Not that I know of cheaply for credit.But nothing is wrong with Python.

I know there is one in HTML5 and CSS3 from Coopersmith. They also have multimedia and the web and dynamic web design and development.

http://secularcourses.com/computers/

You may know already, but you can always pick up JS from Free Code Camp. Its awesome!

Python is also good for web dev. You have Flask, Django so you can't go wrong with learning python. Once you kmow Python, JS will be a breeze. Its not so the other way around.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 3 users Like armstrongsubero's post:
  • Mab81, studiousimp, ThirtySomething
I know and use Javascript for development, and it's a nightmare of a first language. Honestly I wish i had started with Python. I would personally advise you to take Python courses for credit (because... Python has predictable rules and makes SENSE) and learn JS on your own from the Colt Steele Web Development Bootcamp on Udemy (it's usually on sale for under $20).

@Mab81 JS is a subset of a subset of a language.

But if you're serious about JS and Web Dev cant beat Free Code Camp. It's completely free and teaches you real web dev. I highly recomend it.

The BEST first language anyone should start with is C. C is the first language I learned and after you understand pointers and managing your own memory, everything else is childs play.

Python is great, gets you going fast and the libraries are awesome. Its good for if you want to build a product for a business yesterday.

But for someone who us learning for academic purposes I cant recommend C enough.

After you learn intermmediate C. Build some stuff.

Read the book 'Build Your Own Lisp', then 'The Art of Linux Kernel Design' and finally 'C: Learning and Building Business and Systems Applications'. After read "C: Data Sturutures and Algorithms".
I gurantee if you learn C and get through these four books, you will know a lot more than 80% of the web monkeys I have met.
JS will seem so simple, Python will seem like a toy and any 'hipster' framework or langauge that pops up you will be able to handle.

Thats just my $0.02.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Sapientes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction to Javascript gams007 2 678 03-11-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: gams007