Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Curious
I was just wondering what the age range is for everyone taking this road less traveled, and what started the journey?!?

I am 24 and took 1 year of traditional college (it was enough for me!!) I heard about CLEP and accelerated learning at a homeschool conference. It took me about 3 years to actually start CLEPing and now I am hooked! (American Government and A&I Literature tomorrow, American History 1&2 in 3-4 weeks)
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
I am 15 and have been Cleping for about 2 years now. It definitely is the way to go! I am also homeschooled and live in Nampa.
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Farmerboy Wrote:I am 15 and have been Cleping for about 2 years now. It definitely is the way to go! I am also homeschooled and live in Nampa.

No kidding! I live in Emmett. Where do you take your CLEPs? I am taking mine at University of Phoenix. They are really nice there and they are 10$ cheaper than Boise State.

I think it is awesome that you are getting a jump on your degree now. Smile Do you have siblings that are doing the same thing?
~Autumn

Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009

I'm 18 now and finishing my degree. I started at the end of my junior year of high school. I also heard about the program at a home school conference and decided to try it. Neither my parents nor I were really all that thrilled with dishing out $100,000 for college or being in debt for the next 10+ years, so this seemed like the way to go. I'll be graduating through TESC with a bachelors in Humanities.

Good luck in all your adventures!
I'm 19 years old, and passed my first CLEP one year ago as a prereq to Oak Brook College of Law's J.D. program, but decided to pursue a different path.

I am self-employed as a farrier/blacksmith in our rural county, and am fixing to sit for the Arkansas Real Estate exam. Testing out of 60 credits, then taking 60 credits of classes for a bachelors degree in Land Surveying with a minor in Business Administration.

AnneGirl, that phrase from Frost is one of my favorites:

[SIZE="1"]TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
[/SIZE]

By the way, you're not an Anne of Green Gables fan, are you?
Southron Boy

CLEP: English Comp w/ essay, English Comp w/o essay, American Gov't, U.S. History I, A & I Lit, Humanities, Intro Sociology, Intro to Psyc, Human Growth & Development, Intro to Ed Psyc, Prin of Management, Prin of Marketing, Business Law

DSST: Technical Writing
Southron Boy Wrote:I'm 19 years old, and passed my first CLEP one year ago as a prereq to Oak Brook College of Law's J.D. program, but decided to pursue a different path.

I am self-employed as a farrier/blacksmith in our rural county, and am fixing to sit for the Arkansas Real Estate exam. Testing out of 60 credits, then taking 60 credits of classes for a bachelors degree in Land Surveying with a minor in Business Administration.

AnneGirl, that phrase from Frost is one of my favorites:

[SIZE="1"]TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
[/SIZE]

By the way, you're not an Anne of Green Gables fan, are you?

I love Anne! I am even planning a trip to PEI for my 25th birthday! That poem is my favorite too. It is pretty much a description of my life! I had it engraved on a plaque for my parents when I graduated from high school. I think it is so neat to see so many of us young'ns taking this path!
Congratulations and good luck to everyone on their future plans!!
~Autumn

I am 19. Graduated with my BS in Liberal Studies from TESC at 18. I took some CLEP exams when I was 14 yrs, but didn't really pursue a degree until I was 17.

InstantCert is awesome! This is my first post on this forum... I had no idea there were so many other teens and twenty-somethings involved in distance learning.
Enjoying this thread. I'm a 46 y.o. homeschooling mother, graduated from LPN school 22 years ago. I'm starting my first college experience in the fall at Missouri State University. I just joined InstantCert a couple of weeks ago to help me study for some CLEP tests I plan to take this summer.

My 15 y.o. "Anne girl" -- a red-headed AoGG fan -- has been looking over my shoulder and I may get her hooked on CLEP tests and distance learning before this is over!

Becky
I turned 45 Saturday and feelin good! I started this thing called school waaaaay back in 1981. In 1983 life happened. I got married and started a household and school went on the back burner. I will celebrate my 24th wedding anniversary in June. Right now the only hobby I have time for is work, school, family and instantcert.

I am the administrative manager for Emory Alumni Association in Atlanta, GA and ironically I attend Shorter College's professional studies program. I chose it because of the accelerated aspect. I am slated to graduate in December, 2007....YEAH! I joined instantcert to help me successfully pass these tests since i need about 18 more hours. I'm not sure exactly what I want to be when I grow up, i'm still trying to figure that one out. It truely has been a "Journey" for me.

I am so surprised to see how young some of the participants are. I am sooooo impressed by that and hope that you all stick with it your goals and see them to the end.

Thank you all for listening and take care,

Journey
I'm 19!! I"m testing out of all of my credits for a BA in Social Sciences from TESC. It's taking my approx. 2 1/2 yrs. Makes me happy!
Can't wait to be done..

Mattie Smile
total 102
Cleps 90 credits
English Comp w/ essay, Humanities, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Social Science& Hist., College Math, Info Systems, Nat. Sciences, English Lit, American Lit, Psychology, Ed Psychology, Hum Growth & Dev., SpanishII, Marketing, Managment, and Biology, US history I,
Dantes 12 Credits
Technical Writing, Ethics in America, Org Behavior, Gen Anthropology, Fudamentals of Counseling.
Up Coming tests-
Teceps
Social Psychology, Psychology of Personality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curious... peace123 7 1,428 04-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Last Post: bat21
  Curious... sirjake 3 2,041 04-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Last Post: sgloer