Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Rittenhouse Acquittal - Shocking!
Just wow!  That somewhat blew my mind for a moment, I yelled out loud as the justice system is so flawed...

What were these jury members and judge thinking?  Unbelievable in every aspect of this case, I do not believe it!

Link: NBA reacts to Kyle Rittenhouse verdict - United News Post

Link: Sports world reacts to Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty verdict (yahoo.com)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • degree4nana, jsd
The videos are extremely clear. What are you thinking? The system worked just as it should. It's interesting that you have been that propagandized that you side with a pedophile and his two criminal friends.
[-] The following 9 users Like FastTrackDegree's post:
  • brainfroze, dewisant, JannikT, Marcus Aurelius, MSK9, OldManOfTheSea, Sapientes, Turkish, uncapentin
I think both of you are right. We live in a country where a child can travel across state lines with a high-powered weapon and the intent to potentially kill people in the name of protecting property. He can, with no military or police training, knowingly and intentionally place himself in harms way, in a situation where violence is not simply likely but a virtual certainty. He can then, because of his lack of training, allow himself to nearly be disarmed. He can then shoot people who are running away from him and it is self-defense. Those are the facts and they are things which Rittenhouse’s defense conceded.

To me it’s pretty clear that the system absolutely worked. The question is whether the system is flawed. I, personally, find it strange that children can travel across state lines with firearms and—that is perfectly fine—but they can be placed in jail for buying cigarettes. But, that’s America.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 3 users Like freeloader's post:
  • degree4nana, dewisant, jsd
(11-21-2021, 10:23 AM)freeloader Wrote: I think both of you are right. We live in a country where a child can travel across state lines with a high-powered weapon and the intent to potentially kill people in the name of protecting property. He can, with no military or police training, knowingly and intentionally place himself in harms way, in a situation where violence is not simply likely but a virtual certainty. He can then, because of his lack of training, allow himself to nearly be disarmed. He can then shoot people who are running away from him and it is self-defense.  Those are the facts and they are things which Rittenhouse’s defense conceded.  

To me it’s pretty clear that the system absolutely worked.  The question is whether the system is flawed. I, personally, find it strange that children can travel across state lines with firearms and—that is perfectly fine—but they can be placed in jail for buying cigarettes. But, that’s America.

Some clarification here, as the MEDIA is the problem (they reported incorrect facts the entire time):

He did not cross the state line with the weapon; his mom's house in IL was less than 20 minutes from his dad's house in WI, and was given the gun in WI. It's not illegal to have that weapon in WI at age 17.  I literally travel across a state line on a daily basis, sometimes WITH a gun - because it's legal here (SC to NC).  The state line is less than 10 minutes from my house, and our states have reciprocity.  We have friends whose neighborhood is actually in both states - half the kids go to the schools in NC, the other half in SC. There are streets where next-door neighbors 12 feet away are in the other state. The media portrayed this like crossing state lines is such a big freaking deal - not sure if anyone here has done it, but there's nothing special that happens when you cross a state line.  There's no wall between states, there's no confetti that rains down on you, it's just not a big deal.

The people he shot were not running away, they were attacking him.  He was clearly running from them in each case, and 2 of them had weapons (1 pulled a gun on him and admitted on the stand that Kyle did not try to shoot him until he pointed his gun at Kyle; the other hit him with a skateboard twice before Kyle shot him).  This was all on video.

Some things Kyle Rittenhouse did before the shooting: he was cleaning graffiti off of walls of a Kenosha high school (pics online); he used a fire extinguisher to put out a dumpster fire which rioters (including Rosenbaum, victim #1) were pushing towards a police car; he tried to de-escalate each situation he came across; he ran around yelling "medic, medic" (on tape) trying to help anyone who was harmed (he'd had some CPR training as a lifeguard); he was trying to protect property which was being burned by rioters - these were mostly minority-owned businesses, and the owners had posted online that they needed help because many were uninsured/underinsured and couldn't afford to lose their businesses.

Who were the rioters who were shot by Rittenhouse? Let me give you a taste:

Joseph Rosenbaum, who had a chain in his hand and was chasing Rittenhouse at the time of the shooting - convicted sex offender for anal rape of young boys (there are 5 victims mentioned, ages 9-11 who he either molested or raped); spend 15 years in prison and has dozens of infractions while in prison including attacking staff; and is on tape calling man at a gas station the N-word earlier that night.

Anthony Huber - who was chasing and beating Rittenhouse with a skateboard before being shot - went to jail for strangling/choking his brother, and told him he would gut him like a pig

Gaige Grosskreutz - admitted on the stand that he was chasing Rittenhouse, and that Rittenhouse did not shoot him until he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse while advancing on him; 
he has a lengthy police record of felonies and misdemeanors, many of which have been expunged, and a record as a minor that hasn't been released; he was arrested for prowling while videotaping police vehicles in a police department parking lot at 1am several days prior to the riots (still outstanding); he harassed his ex-girlfriend via phone and then came an smashed in her window at 4am; he was charged with felong burglary while fencing stolen Playstations; and he was arrested and charged with hitting his grandmother and throwing a lamp.

So my question is, why is Rittenhouse at fault for trying to help his own community (he lived part time in Kenosha), while these 3 people who were rioting in the streets and violent criminals not questioned about why they where there??
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 9 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • brainfroze, cpoteraske, JannikT, MSK9, NoStudentNoCry, OldManOfTheSea, Sapientes, Turkish, uncapentin
Hard to be shocked by these anymore.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
We live in a country where the accused is innocent until proven guilty. He was judged by a jury of his peers and found to be not guilty. There are many places where the accused have to prove their innocence. Are we perfect ? No but, I’m Sure it beats the alternative.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pats20's post:
  • dfrecore, Turkish
(11-21-2021, 07:45 PM)Pats20 Wrote: We live in a country where the accused is innocent until proven guilty. He was judged by a jury of his peers and found to be not guilty. There are many places where the accused have to prove their innocence. Are we perfect ? No but, I’m Sure it beats the alternative.

Amen!  The prosecution did a terrible job. He had so little evidence, he shouldn't have brought the case in the first place.  When his "star witness" said that Rittenhouse did not shoot him until he point his own gun at Rittenhouse, it was all over (actually, it was before that).

Word is that the juror who was the holdout was really worried that there was going to be rioting in Kenosha again, and so wanted to go with lesser counts just to try to tamp that down.  Jurors shouldn't have to worry about the outcomes, they should only be there to see if the state makes a good enough case to convict (assumed innocent unless proven beyond a reasonable doubt) - it's sad that they were worried about that.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Sapientes, Turkish
A bit off topic but related to Rittenhouse. I saw this online:

"ASU can confirm that Mr. Rittenhouse enrolled as a non-degree seeking ASU Online student for the session that started Oct. 13, 2021, which allows students access to begin taking classes as they prepare to seek admission into a degree program at the university."

That sounds like Kyle Rittenhouse is taking ASU Universal Learner courses.

source: https://www.12news.com/article/news/veri...b9ff479f94
I'm going to guess that the only people who were shocked by this acquittal were people who didn't actually watch the trial, but got all of their info from mainstream news outlets. If you had watched the trial for just a few hours, you'd have seen the videos, and known clearly that this was a case of self-defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Sapientes
Based upon the trial, I am confident the jury ruled in an expected way.

This is how our justice system works.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FCC Fema credit problem -shocking! tester 19 4,787 05-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Last Post: cookderosa