Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute help please!
Ok,
So I am currently in the capstone course for my Liberal Studies degree which ends November 19th... I applied for December graduation but I was told I still needed 15 credits to complete my degree technically 12 credits besides the capstone course. I asked for a reaudit for graduation and it is set for November 16th... I completed 2 courses at study.com and 2 at straighterline. If I transfer these courses over now will the transcript be taken into consideration during the graduation audit or will I need to ask for these to be placed on my transcript first? Also what is the best way to do it? Should I request it via ACE transcript and send that over or have the courses sent over directly by straighterline and study.com Maybe I should do both just in case? Please Help! Thank you..
Assuming TESU here...

Straighterline will send direct to TESU but Study.com will not.

ACE has instant delivery and is almost always received next business day. If you can have your courses approved by Study/Straighterline on Monday 11/13 and send them the same day, the university will have them Tuesday 11/14.

What happens from there, I'm not quite sure. I'm assuming that if they have been received, they will be accounted for during the audit, but I'm not positive about that - maybe someone will chime in with some experience. Either way, I'd try Study and Straighterline on Monday to make sure they have the courses approved if they haven't been already.

Even if it doesn't work out, you don't really have anything to lose and will graduate in March without a hiccup. The graduation fee just rolls over so you won't have to pay that again, and as far as I know the same goes for the residency waiver (if applicable).
[-] The following 1 user Likes aviator guy's post:
  • cali86
(11-12-2017, 12:13 PM)aviator guy Wrote: Assuming TESU here...

Straighterline will send direct to TESU but Study.com will not.  

ACE has instant delivery and is almost always received next business day.  If you can have your courses approved by Study/Straighterline on Monday 11/13 and send them the same day, the university will have them Tuesday 11/14.

What happens from there, I'm not quite sure.  I'm assuming that if they have been received, they will be accounted for during the audit, but I'm not positive about that - maybe someone will chime in with some experience.  Either way, I'd try Study and Straighterline on Monday to make sure they have the courses approved if they haven't been already.

Even if it doesn't work out, you don't really have anything to lose and will graduate in March without a hiccup.  The graduation fee just rolls over so you won't have to pay that again, and as far as I know the same goes for the residency waiver (if applicable).

True! I was thinking the same thing. I really hope this will work out in time for December if not March isn't too far away... I am on an Emergency Sub Permit for teaching in CA and my 90 day limit runs out soon. Once my degree is complete I will not have a limit of days anymore. I will take your advice and submit via ACE. I would love to know if anyone has sent in last minute courses too and if they still graduated in time.
If you finish your classes and get hem in at the same time as your capstone, it shouldn’t be a problem. Anything later would be drawing it too close. If you can expedite the transcripts and email TESU beforehand, I don’t see an issue at all.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cali86
(11-12-2017, 01:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you finish your classes and get hem in at the same time as your capstone, it shouldn’t be a problem. Anything later would be drawing it too close.  If you can expedite the transcripts and email TESU beforehand, I don’t see an issue at all.bjcheung77
 How do I go about expediting them? I remember seeing a thread about having courses put on transcripts within a few days temporarily till they are posted but no idea how to do that? Is this what you mean?
(11-12-2017, 01:25 PM)cali86 Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 01:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you finish your classes and get hem in at the same time as your capstone, it shouldn’t be a problem. Anything later would be drawing it too close.  If you can expedite the transcripts and email TESU beforehand, I don’t see an issue at all.bjcheung77
 How do I go about expediting them? I remember seeing a thread about having courses put on transcripts within a few days temporarily till they are posted but no idea how to do that? Is this what you mean?

If you have the courses completed, send them to ACE and get the transcript sent to TESU.  It should show up in your orders in the ACE registry.  You would email the registrar at TESU to tell them your transcripts have been ordered and they should have received it, indicate you have applied for graduation and it’s just waiting for these final ones.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cali86
(11-12-2017, 02:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 01:25 PM)cali86 Wrote:

If you have the courses completed, send them to ACE and get the transcript sent to TESU.  It should show up in your orders in the ACE registry.  You would email the registrar at TESU to tell them your transcripts have been ordered and they should have received it, indicate you have applied for graduation and it’s just waiting for these final ones.

Thank you so much! I will do this and I think this could make all the difference. I appreciate everyone's help on here I could not have gotten this far without everyone helping me piece together the requirements to complete my degree.
I think Study.com now sends the NCCRS transcripts directly to TESU - they used to not, but changed their process fairly quickly after complaints.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-12-2017, 09:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think Study.com now sends the NCCRS transcripts directly to TESU - they used to not, but changed their process fairly quickly after complaints.

Here is the link to request the NCCRS transcript from Study.com: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b90253...bd813935c1
[-] The following 1 user Likes DIGI-212's post:
  • cali86

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last minute trouble, need Penn Foster experience walternc3 15 1,800 12-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Muricles
  Considering going to EC at the last minute... Sharkfin 10 1,931 09-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Last Post: skyfall123