Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning in the Digital Age DGL-101 TECEP
The DGL-101 TECEP for Thomas Edison State University is easy but it has an incredibly bad test description.

As a warning to anyone taking this TECEP here are the instructions verbatim:

"Editorial on societal issue or problematic behavior associated with the Internet and its implications for interpersonal communications. Select one of the societal issues or problematic online behaviors from the link below, and write a 400-word editorial. Your editorial will summarize key characteristics of the problematic online behaviors while also interpreting and commenting on its implications for interpersonal communications. You will also provide evidence of analysis by using at least two relevant and credible resources. You can use the optional resource links provided or find your own articles to reference. Make sure to cite your sources using the APA format."

"Please review the following topics and resources from the link below prior to your assessment. For your assessment, you will have a randomized selection of three of the topics. You will choose one of the randomly selected topics to write your 400-word editorial about."

You can use notes on this TECEP.
I cannot find where it clarifies that you can use notes.
What the institution wants you to do is create an annotated bibliography on your notes for every source they provide for you before the test, when you're given the topics to write about you can pull two references from your notes to complete your bibliography.

Not knowing I could use notes I was unable to provide any APA references and I'm afraid it will result in me having failed the TECEP.
It's kind of confusing - you're saying it says you can use notes, but then you say you can't find where it clarifies that you can use notes. Can you explain further?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-01-2019, 10:26 AM)dfrecore Wrote: It's kind of confusing - you're saying it says you can use notes, but then you say you can't find where it clarifies that you can use notes.  Can you explain further?

I learned you can use notes when I took the TECEP exam when it was already too late, the proctor of my test told me I could use notes when the test was already in progress.

If you didn't write down the APA citations for the material they expect you to editorialize then you can't complete the citations even if you know the format.
(04-01-2019, 12:15 PM)MoppyPuppy Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 10:26 AM)dfrecore Wrote: It's kind of confusing - you're saying it says you can use notes, but then you say you can't find where it clarifies that you can use notes.  Can you explain further?

I learned you can use notes when I took the TECEP exam when it was already too late, the proctor of my test told me I could use notes when the test was already in progress.

If you didn't write down the APA citations for the material they expect you to editorialize then you can't complete the citations even if you know the format.

Ah.  I just read the study guide again, and it is unclear that you're expected to do that during the test (it looks to me like you would submit the information prior to the test for assessment 1).  If that's the case, I would contact TESU and tell them that you turned in the Assessment 1 prior to the exam, and that without notes (which it doesn't say you can use on the study guide), there's no way to complete the test.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-01-2019, 03:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Ah.  I just read the study guide again, and it is unclear that you're expected to do that during the test (it looks to me like you would submit the information prior to the test for assessment 1).  If that's the case, I would contact TESU and tell them that you turned in the Assessment 1 prior to the exam, and that without notes (which it doesn't say you can use on the study guide), there's no way to complete the test.

I did as you said and emailed the college, they responded immediately and future students will have a revised test description.

I passed with an 89%, during the exam without the article names or publication information I just wrote the APA citation format in it's rubric form to show that I would have been able to cite sources correctly had I simply known it was okay to have notes.

Heck, with notes I would have just wrote 8 different essays before hand for each situation and simply transcribe the essay to the screen.
(04-04-2019, 06:36 PM)MoppyPuppy Wrote:

I did as you said and emailed the college, they responded immediately and future students will have a revised test description.

I passed with an 89%, during the exam without the article names or publication information I just wrote the APA citation format in it's rubric form to show that I would have been able to cite sources correctly had I simply known it was okay to have notes.

Heck, with notes I would have just wrote 8 different essays before hand for each situation and simply transcribe the essay to the screen.

Wow!  I'm glad they fixed the problem (both yours, giving you a passing score) and the overall issue (revising the test description).  Cool beans!
(04-04-2019, 06:36 PM)MoppyPuppy Wrote:

"Heck, with notes I would have just wrote 8 different essays before hand for each situation and simply transcribe the essay to the screen."

Isn't that called cheating?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 243 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,071 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  TEL Learning? faptaincrunch 9 1,270 11-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: suzume
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 631 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 471 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 716 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 576 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Digital Nomad - Remote work in various countries bjcheung77 14 1,313 09-29-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: impasta
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 719 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore