Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legit UK Level 7 and Level 8 Diplomas
finally posting here after a few threads of being away. I'm looking for legitimate EQF Level 7 and Level 8 Diploma Programs with the aim of it being evaluated as ABD for a doctoral degree. I browsed the threads, what I gathered so far is the OfQual providers are good programs that will have the chance of being evaluated by a NACES agency as equivalent doctoral credits. 

I am considering this program:

Level 7 + Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership - London College of Foreign Trade (lcft.org.uk)

I saw that there are some concerns about how legit this place may be? It's in India? Will they issue a Diploma from Qualifi? I spent a few years getting acquainted with the US system and the UK system seems a bit tricky. 

What I want to know is both for myself and for future readers is can we get a list of legit places that offer Level 7 and Level 8? Sure we know about ENEB, but besides them, where are some places I am sure give legit Level 7 and Level 8 diplomas? 

Also when done I'm aware of places that do the ABD route assuming its transferred as doctoral level coursework eg. Walden PhD in Management completion. What are the cheapest routes, to get the doctor title? I'm open to NA. Maybe also ENEB style "titulo" programs for persons outside the US where it won't be a problem. My country def recognizes EQF, it fits into CARICOM NQF so I'm almost guaranteed a legit Level 7 and Level 8 will be evaluated as doctoral equivalent for employment purposes, just want the Doctor title, so NA, Titulo etc etc. I'm sure there are others like me who have no interest in academia but want this for self-actualization and professional goals. 

I think this UK Level 8 Diploma route has a lot of potential, I saw a guy listing the same Level 7 + Level 8 on Linkedin as:

LSIB London School of International Business 
Dual Master and Doctorate, Strategic Management 
Grade: L7L8-DSML-QUALIFI 280 Credits Total 

Also will my TESU degrees I finished in 2 years be a problem when applying to these programs? I'm literally looking at the signup link and just wondering if it would be worth my time vs the ASU 15 free Grad Credits and going the NA route....Thanks guys!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

bjcheung77 Wrote:
armstrongsubero Wrote:What about the L7L8-DSML-QUALIFI? That's UK Level 7 + Level 8 (equivalent to master and doctorate?) Will that be able to shave some Walden credits off?

I'm not sure if to do the ASU Cert and Sit it out of pursue Level 7 + Level 8.

Which do you think might be faster to a PhD?

Yes, it really depends on the student, someone like yourself would be best served with a Level 8, then ladder that to a DBA or PhD Completion program.  I talked about it on this thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Questions

My recommendation is to decide which degree, institution, you want to complete, then create a pathway to that final destination.  Here's an example, Pierpont BOG AAS, UMPI BAS, ENEB 1&2, Level 8 UK diploma, US/UK DBA/DProf.

armstrongsubero  "I'm wondering what the cheapest PhD might look like though...Walden seems like they will accept level 8 for the PhD Management completion, or am I better of doing a UK qualification? I'm wondering what you discovered...I'm kind of hoping to go from Level 8 to PhD in under 10k...."

bjcheung77  Instead of our continued DM/PM, it may be best to share what I have to advise with readers.  So, I'll reply to your inquiry here.  I usually suggest the options with a best balanced mix/match of cost, ease, speed, and outcome to provide you a very good ROI/Value ratio.  I would suggest skipping the Level 7 altogether to shave off a few hundred pounds in UK currency.

armstrongsubero  "I saw that there are some concerns about how legit this place may be? It's in India? Will they issue a Diploma from Qualifi? I spent a few years getting acquainted with the US system and the UK system seems a bit tricky. 

What I want to know is both for myself and for future readers is can we get a list of legit places that offer Level 7 and Level 8? Sure we know about ENEB, but besides them, where are some places I am sure give legit Level 7 and Level 8 diplomas?"

bjcheung77  UK approved programs can be completed online, thus international learning centers can be approved to provide these programs.  The program is issued by the learning center, but recognized by the awarding body Qualifi (or others).  

The thread link I sent you in the quotes above has another link to a second thread on post #23, within that second thread, the last two posts #15, and #16 answers your question, there are UK recognized awarding organizations and some that are not.

armstrongsubero  "What are the cheapest routes, to get the doctor title? Also will my TESU degrees I finished in 2 years be a problem when applying to these programs?"

bjcheung77  US/UK options are inexpensive, they're a very good price point to go for, having said that, they're not the cheapest option.  There are some countries with even less expensive options as they cater to the local population, even if it's entirely online, there are very few international students, examples are ones within India, Malaysia, Philippines. 

Applying to these programs with a TESU degree is sufficient, as long as you have the requirements of entry.  If it requires a Masters degree or a Masters level of education before admission, you want to make sure you complete each and every one of those requirements for entry before applying.

Note: LCFT London College of Foreign Trade (lcft.org.uk) is a subsidiary company of LSIB London School of International Business.  Someone earlier on this board actually had an online chat session with LCFT staff, the staff member didn't differentiate between the two, as LSIB is the parent company.

For the time being, I would not recommend listing a Level 7/Level 8 as a Master and Doctorate. As I mentioned previously, there is a difference between a Masters level of study set of classes and a Masters degree, the same goes with the Doctorate and Doctoral level of studies.  Level 7/Level 8 is missing the thesis/dissertation, it's only part one of a two part series.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
With UK Level 8 Diploma you can go direct to Doctoral Research phase of Westcliff University (delivered via Capital University College in UAE).
Fee for Doctoral Research phase is around $11k

https://capitalcollege.ae/courses/doctor...ation-dba/
[-] The following 1 user Likes armado's post:
  • Messdiener
And here's the previous thread in regards to that DBA ladder... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-16-5k
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WES US evaluation SQA Level 11 doyouhowdo1 2 215 03-29-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: doyouhowdo1
  Spanish Titulo Propio & UK Level 7/8 Qualification Framework bjcheung77 21 6,618 03-18-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 5,521 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,800 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 907 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,862 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Masters-level CBE programs EverSpinning 5 1,511 10-11-2023, 08:21 PM
  Is Xenophon College London legit? SkintGradStudent 11 2,523 10-04-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: diletta_don
  Coopersmith and 500 level courses vetvso 14 1,127 08-23-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  James Lind Institute (Switzerland) - legit? wheresbes 7 6,996 09-14-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: jamshid666