Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University Course Transfer
Hi everyone,

This is a pretty extensive list, but does anyone know if any of these classes will transfer in to Liberty under the Major portion of the BS Information Systems Online degree?

1. CSU Global Information Systems Analysis and Design 
2. Saylor Intro to Computer Science I and II
3. Saylor Computer Communications & Networks
4. Saylor Strategic Information Technology
5. CSU-Global Cloud Computing and Big Data
6. CSU-Global Intermediate Networking
7. Saylor Software Engineering

I don't have much hope, but thought I would check. Thanks in advance!!
Couldn't you just ask them directly?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-24-2018, 03:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Couldn't you just ask them directly?

I could, but it involves forms I have to fill out and waiting around for them to get back to me. I didn't know if anyone had experience successfully transferring these in.
This is a side question for you studyandpass5. (You may have posted it and I missed it!) But have you hear back on your written portion of the analyzing and interpreting literature test? I am assuming you are planning on attending Liberty so did it cause your A&I test to counted as English 2 or English 1xx?
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

(05-25-2018, 04:13 AM)teacher2 Wrote: This is a side question for you studyandpass5. (You may have posted it and I missed it!) But have you hear back on your written portion of the analyzing and interpreting literature test? I am assuming you are planning on attending Liberty so did it cause your A&I test to counted as English 2 or English 1xx?

I did, and unfortunately I did not pass the essay section. I was kind of expecting it, though, based on the essay questions. They were any poor essay writer's worst nightmare! (like me, lol!) 
The first essay I had to analyze a poem; it was one I was familiar with, so I thought I did ok on that.
The second essay wanted me to analyze a piece of literature in which the main characters had a "coming of age" and how that affected the whole piece. What??? I was stumped. I haven't done a lot of reading since I've been in school, so I could not think of any books, novels, poems, etc, like that. I knew I didn't do very well on that portion, but that's ok! 

As far as how it transfers in, I believe it will transfer in as English 102. Take a look at this link: http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=37835

And, according to this link, English 102 can be used to fulfill the Composition Elective (under Information Literacy). http://www.liberty.edu/academics/general...?PID=36025

That's what I'm thinking, but you can always chat or call them to verify. They are super helpful!! 

I hope this helps!
Thanks studyandpass5! What you just described on the second essay is exactly what happened to me on mine! When I was younger I would spend hours reading and reading (a hobby I don't have as much time for as I would like). I was completely befuddled!!! I saw this thread again and I was just checking as I had hoped you had passed! I had considered Liberty at one time but decided to go with WGU because their path lead to a teaching license while Liberty's didn't. Well Congrats for having the gumption to take the test in the first place!
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

College Comp with essay should be ENGL 101; A & I w/ essay is ENGL 102. Those satisfy the English comp general ed requirements, but then you still need something like Speech Communications (SL's Intro to Comms counts) and either a literature or philosophy/ethics course. My Shmoop literature courses did not count for this, and and neither did my Business Ethics, just FYI.

With regard to the OP, I don't know any of those, but I'd definitely ask them. They're pretty generous with transfer credit, but also kind of WEIRD on some things, so it's hard to anticipate what they'll consider equivalent to what.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 230 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,623 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,564 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,942 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 605 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,246 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 353 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 483 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,494 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff