Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself
The Secretary of Public Education of Mexico(SEP) has renewed the Education Code article 286, enabling life experience degrees made by the SEP itself enabling "the accreditation of knowledge acquired in a self-taught manner or from work experience" "and thus obtain your certificate of study or professional degree".

The procedure is to send your CV to an "accredited institution" and make a portfolio on a 3 month courseand have a CURP (Mexican Photo ID).

I think this opens the door to fraudulent institutions claiming to be acredited to make these degrees.

Relevant Links:  https://www.euroinnova.sv/licenciatura-p...ia-laboral
https://ceneval.edu.mx/examenes-acredita...uerdo_286/
https://www.institutoeduteg.com/que-es-el-acuerdo-286/#
https://ceneval.edu.mx/examenes-acredita...genierias/ (institution claming to be accredited to expend these degrees, seems legit but who knows)
https://www.sep.gob.mx/wb/sep1/acuerdo_286
Is this how that guy has 108 degrees?
Giving the ceneval link a look. I have experience taking one of the Ceneval exams years ago and felt it was a well-rounded exam that asked good questions that require knowledge of the field. Luckily at least the Ceneval is being clear that they don't offer this option for regulated degrees like Medicine or most other healthcare degrees. Seems like you can just show up, send transcripts for at least 2 years of regulated degrees such as Law or Accounting and make two payments.
The written exam costs 2500 mxn (approx 150 USD), you must then do an oral exam that costs a hefty 18,000 mxn (approx 1100 usd). Both exams can be done online 3 times a year. March-August-December.

The website mentions the study guide suggested books. It seems to be an interesting approach. Could be a viable option for people that have good mastery of degrees like economics, computer science or marketing. Tourism is another degree that doesn't demand prior college credit. I am wondering how brutal the oral exams are. Expect 5 college admins to be grilling you nonstop for 4 hours about absolutely anything within the selected study topics. You better be very good at speaking Spanish. This option mught be an option for people that never graduated because they didn’t have free time to do the government social service which takes huge heaps of time and you aren’t paid for it in many instances.
(09-13-2023, 04:14 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Is this how that guy has 108 degrees?

Do you mean Dr. Sagi Satanarayana who is a  graduate of the Universidad de Photoshop?
[-] The following 2 users Like MichaelGates's post:
  • rachel83az, TINASAM
(09-13-2023, 05:14 PM)MichaelGates Wrote:

Do you mean Dr. Sagi Satanarayana who is a  graduate of the Universidad de Photoshop?

Yeah that guy! LOL I know he went to Harvart and some other great schools.
Oh, that person, I remember seeing the photographs and was stumped on how 'awesome' the photoshop was done...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

The indian guy? No, you need to have a Mexican ID to apply.

ss20ts MichaelGates ss20tsIs this how that guy has 108 degrees?  Do you mean Dr. Sagi Satanarayana who is a  graduate of the Universidad de Photoshop?  Yeah that guy! LOL I know he went to Harvart and some other great schools.  including University of Phonyx and Stand For

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 28 5,938 Yesterday, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 711 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  You've been reading wrong all your life. How to read 1000 pages a day. LevelUP 2 209 04-17-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 297 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 251 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 683 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 607 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 539 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 295 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 894 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden