Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logical Order of Exams
All,

I have 5 CLEP/DANTES exams to take for elective credits towards my Bachelors. I have already decided on the exams I want to take based on my background in Business. My question is for anyone who has taken some of these exams. I am curious what the best order to take the exams is i.e. I know some of them are similar, and some "build" off each other.

Here is the order I plan to take the exams. Anyone who has taken a similar approach, please feel free to add input into the most logical order to take these.

1. Principles of Management (CLEP)
2. Principles of Supervision (DANTES)
3. Human Resource Management (DANTES)
4. Organizational Behavior (DANTES)
5. Intro to Business (DANTES)

Any input would be greatly appreciated...
That looks like the order that my husband took those 5 in and thought it was good. That is the order that I took (taking) them in except that I am taking ECE Organizational Behavior as my last test with tests in between so I have time to read one of the recommended texts. Management and Supervision can both be done together and then take both tests on the same day.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
yutzyj Wrote:Management and Supervision can both be done together and then take both tests on the same day.
I wondered about that as it looked like there was a lot of overlap. I think this is the approach I may try and take to make the most of my time off.

Thanks for the input...
Shouldn't Intro to Biz be more towards the top?
Previous Credits:
Traditional 57
CLEP English w/essay 6
Heriot-Watt MBA 7 Modules + 1 Tenative Compensatory Pass

IC Study Credits:
Info. Systems & Comp Apps. CLEP 68
Principles of Marketing CLEP 79
Principles of Management CLEP 73
Working On B.S. Marketing from Excelsior & finishing MBA from Heriot-Watt
Total Credits to Date: 86
skwiggey Wrote:Shouldn't Intro to Biz be more towards the top?
skwiggey,

I tend to agree...B2MANLEY you might consider taking Intro to Business right after Management and Supervision. In fact, if you're REALLY feeling energetic, I would recommend taking all three on the same day, or one after the other on consecutive days. I took Supervision and Intro to Business on the same day, and I know a lot of people took Supervision and Management on the same day. Obviously you have to do what works best for you. Wink

I would leave HR & OB in the order you already have (taken after the 3 above).

Hope that helps,
JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
I think the order you have is perfect, although Intro to Business could be placed either first or last, depending on personal desires. The others I think mostly build on top of each other, so they are in a logical progression.
Excelsior, BS, pursuing degree

Completed:
CLEP: Hum. (67), Hist. of U.S. I (74), Hist. of U.S. II (71), Intro. Psych. (69), Intro. Soc. (72), Soc. Sci. and Hist. (74), Western Civ I (72), Western Civ II (70), Am. Lit. (60), Intro. to Educ. Psych. (62), P. of Management (74), P. of Market. (74), Intro. Bus. Law (67), P. of Accounting (60), AmGov (68)
DSST: Ethics in Am. (76), P. of Super.(67), HRM (65), Intro to Bus. (70), MIS (65), P. of Fin (62), M&B (65), P. of Stat. (68)
ECE: OB (B)
TECEP:: IntFin, SecAna

Others

Total Credits: 129

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 381 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,852 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,423 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
Information New Batch of Microsoft Exams are now ACE(data, cloud, cs, UL) MNomadic 5 1,412 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: jch
  Cambridge International Exams - A Level or AS Level exams Lydclrk 1 732 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
Exclamation Is Sophia similar to Study in terms of course format and allow Open Book exams? OP88 4 1,347 05-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How to order new Acclaim ACE transcript nomaduser 14 2,759 11-01-2020, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Pearson OnVUE - Online Excelsior Exams bjcheung77 5 1,364 09-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Does your community college offer challenge exams? muu9 2 1,012 07-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 3,917 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4