Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at applying to TESU
I'm trying to finish out my Bachelors Degree, I'm thinking In Liberal Studies through TESU. 
Should I apply to the college now? or wait till I have more upper level division classes done? (I'm looking at using Study for those courses)  

I do know that TESU will only take 80 of my Community College Classes. 

I would love any advice Smile 

ENGL 2450 World Literature 3 cr
SPCH 1114 Intro to Public Speaking 3 cr
EDU 1136 Infant/Toddler Development 3cr
CHCA 2510 Internship 3cr
CDEV 1150 Childcare Business Strategies 3cr
ECYD 1340 Curriculum Planning 3cr
ECYD 2705 Understand Autism 1cr
CPTR 104 Intro to Computer Tech. 3cr
BIOL 104 Intro Anatomy and Phys. 3cr
HLTH 106 Medical Terminology 2cr
ADMM 150 Medical Billing/Insurance 4cr
ADMM 134 Medical Language Applications 2cr
ADMS 116 Business Communications 3cr
ADMM 152 Outpatient Coding 4cr
ADMM 130 Medical Transcription 4cr
ADMM 120 Medical Office Procedures 3cr
HLTH 208 Pathophysiology 3cr
CRLT 102 Contemporary career Search 1 cr
CDEV 2234 United Children/Youth 1cr
PHIL 1201 Ethics 3cr
PSYC 2222 Developmental Psychology 3cr
BIOL 1107 Environmental Science 3cr
BIOL 1108 Environmental Science Lab 1cr
SOC 1111 Intro to Sociology 3cr
ENGL 1102 College Writing 2 3cr
PHYS1120 Intro to Astronomy 3cr
ANTH 1110 Cultural Anthropology 3cr
ART 1110 Intro to Art 3cr
SPCH1150 Interpersonal Communication 3cr
PHIM 1160 Basic Photo 4cr
PHIM 1164 Survey of Imaging 2cr
PHIM 1168 Image Editing 2cr
PHIM 1172 Photo Printing System 4cr
ENGL 1410 Composition 1 4cr
PHIM 1122 Photo Composition 2cr
MATH 1427 Technical Math 3cr ( C+)
CART 1114 QuarkXpress 2cr 
PHIM 1174 Studio Photographics 4cr
PHIM 1284 Digital Photo 4cr
PHIM 1399 Special Topics 1cr 
THTR 1451 Intro to Theatre 3cr
CHLD 1125 Guiding Children's Behavior 3cr
CHLD 1150 Literature/Lang for Children 3cr
CHLD 1525 Health/Safety/Nutrition 2cr
CHLD 1500 Child Growth and Development 3 cr
CHLD 2075 Family/Community Issues 3cr
CHLD 2100 Child Abuse and Neglect 2cr

Sophia Free 3 Credits...
TEEX Free CLasses: so far 4 credits...

Still Need:
15 Upper Level Credits 
Plus 12 credits
They will now take 90!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Recommendation, apply now to get your evaluation. While you're waiting for the evaluation, "think of" and also "complete" the UL courses you're looking for at Study.com - these can be Communication/History/Psychology/Sociology, whatever that interest you.

I would complete whatever LL you have signed up for and stop with the LL as it's all UL that's required/remaining. Unless you haven't completed all the required general education courses yet.

Note: You don't want to take anything unnecessary unless you want to - You still need to take the Cornerstone/Capstone at TESU, that's 6 credits right there.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Complete the The Institutes FREE ethics course (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit), you're going to need ethics and if you get it done you can send in the ACE transcript when you apply to TESU along with the other free courses you've completed.  Once you have the free credits added to ACE, then apply and get evaluated.

Don't wait to apply - it is wise to know where you stand; what you can actually use and what you need, especially when you have so many credits completed as you do (imo).  It also locks in your catalog for a year with TESU . TESU is a good choice for you since you have so many exsisting LL credits (they have the lowest # of UL requirements). Also, as suzycupcake pointed out they will also now take 90 CC credits.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I would always apply sooner rather than later, as knowing where you stand at each school is important to find out.  Then, you need to figure out what it will take to COMPLETE your degree at each school.  Knowing that they will take X amount of credits is helpful, but it's MORE helpful to know what's remaining, and how long that will take/much it will cost to finish.

I would not ENROLL anywhere until you decide where you're going to go.  But that's a different process than just applying.

I would apply at COSC as well as TESU, I think you may come out ahead, certainly in terms of cost.

Just did a quick look at both schools:

First, I'm guessing Technical Math will not work for either school's Math requirement, so you'll probably need to take College Algebra/Applied math for either one.

Second, COSC will be cheaper.

Here's the quick breakdown (assuming $100/course for everything except corner/capstone):

TESU
1) you need 8 courses to bring in for $800
Math
Am Govt/Comp Politics
5 UL BALS courses
1 Free Elective course

2) Cornerstone & Capstone, tuition & fees $5422

3) TOTAL COST TO COMPLETE A BALS DEGREE AT TESU: $6222

COSC
1) you need 10 courses to bring in for $1000
Math
UL US History/Govt
5 UL BALS courses in your concentration (recommend Psych)
3 UL courses in anything including business

2) Cornerstone & Capstone, tuition & fees $2849

3) TOTAL COST TO COMPLETE A BSLS DEGREE AT COSC: $3849
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-09-2020, 06:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would always apply sooner rather than later, as knowing where you stand at each school is important to find out.  Then, you need to figure out what it will take to COMPLETE your degree at each school.  Knowing that they will take X amount of credits is helpful, but it's MORE helpful to know what's remaining, and how long that will take/much it will cost to finish.

I would not ENROLL anywhere until you decide where you're going to go.  But that's a different process than just applying.

I would apply at COSC as well as TESU, I think you may come out ahead, certainly in terms of cost.

Just did a quick look at both schools:

First, I'm guessing Technical Math will not work for either school's Math requirement, so you'll probably need to take College Algebra/Applied math for either one.

Here's the quick breakdown (assuming $100/course for everything except corner/capstone):

TESU
Math
Am Govt/Comp Politics
5 UL BALS courses
1 Free Elective course

COSC
Math
UL US History/Govt

I did apply to COSC and they took the math but not the Public Speaking class. I tried switching to the general studies degree and my adviser literally told me I couldn't, I was going to try again later. ( I still need to try and switch)
(02-09-2020, 09:34 PM)SkaroFamily Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 06:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, I'm guessing Technical Math will not work for either school's Math requirement, so you'll probably need to take College Algebra/Applied math for either one.

TESU
Math
Am Govt/Comp Politics
5 UL BALS courses
1 Free Elective course

COSC
Math
UL US History/Govt

I did apply to COSC and they took the math but not the Public Speaking class. I tried switching to the general studies degree and my adviser literally told me I couldn't, I was going to try again later. ( I still need to try and switch)

So two things strike me:
1) did they take the math course as meeting the math requirement, or did they "take it" but put it as an elective - I'd check
2) I can't believe they didn't take Public Speaking to meet the Oral Comm requirement, that literally makes no sense.  I'd appeal

Now, I would just call back, tell them that you want a different advisor, and ask about switching your degree again.  I've never heard anyone say that you cannot switch to a BSLS degree there, that's just crazy.

No matter what, it will still cost twice as much to get the TESU degree, and you will not find them easier to deal with than COSC.  Their customer service is hands-down the worst of the Big 3, but a LOT.  So don't let your first problem with COSC throw you off.  Seriously, it's cheaper and they're better.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,349 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 531 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 279 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27