Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Backup
(01-22-2021, 10:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Looking at their site, they're not even accredited themselves? https://acupuncturist.edu/accreditation/ At least not by any "real" accrediting agencies; not even DEAC. Before you pay $46k for this program, you might want to make sure that this isn't going to hinder any future employment prospects. That's a lot of money to spend on a "degree" that isn't a degree.

Generally, everything you said is true. The only thing different here in this specific case is that for licensed professions the main thing is the answer to the question "can I be licensed to practice with this credential?" It appears that the OP will be able to based on what I'm reading in the posted regulatory references in spite of the school's lack of standard institutional accreditation in the sense of regional or national accreditation.

Now where things could get tricky is in a situation where the OP moves to another state and wants to practice. While the question I wrote tends to apply with a positive answer in a number of states, it may not apply that way in all, and even in the ones where it does apply a number of caveats can be expected, so the OP will just have to stay on top of it.
(01-22-2021, 11:02 AM)ARhead Wrote: I see you have 16 CC credits and 81 total.
If it was me, I'd be focusing on getting as many ACE credits on your TESU transcript in the next month before that door closes. (So you're not forced to get another 14 RA credits)
With a focus on upper level credits.

Thanks, ARhead. I think I did a bad job explaining my credits. I have that 16 cc, plus 6 TECEP, plus one future TECEP 3, and the two mandatory classes. So all told this new policy should not impact me. Do I have the right? If all of these count as collegiate, as my TESU advisor has said, then I would have 89 non-collegiate credits transferring in and be in the clear. 

Thanks for bringing this up either way, because I was super late to the convo and got very worried at first.
(01-22-2021, 01:42 PM)Pancake123 Wrote: Thanks, ARhead. I think I did a bad job explaining my credits. I have that 16 cc, plus 6 TECEP, plus one future TECEP 3, and the two mandatory classes. So all told this new policy should not impact me. Do I have the right? If all of these count as collegiate, as my TESU advisor has said, then I would have 89 non-collegiate credits transferring in and be in the clear. 

Thanks for bringing this up either way, because I was super late to the convo and got very worried at first.

That looks right to me. You should be fine on RA credit requirements for TESU.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Pancake123
(01-22-2021, 10:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Looking at their site, they're not even accredited themselves? https://acupuncturist.edu/accreditation/ At least not by any "real" accrediting agencies; not even DEAC. Before you pay $46k for this program, you might want to make sure that this isn't going to hinder any future employment prospects. That's a lot of money to spend on a "degree" that isn't a degree.

OMG rachel83az, you are right! The program all said and done is more like 68K, plus I'd have to move to FL for a year, so add that on top. My goodness, I find this really hypocritical. I'm looking at another school close to my parents: https://muih.edu/. I looked them up, thanks to your brilliance, and they are listed on the USDE site as accredited. I would need the BA before I start so that will put me back a few months, but I'm starting to feel like this is the better option. In my home state of PA I have to pass 3/4 board exams to get licensed to practice and maintain that license, so either school will get me there, but the one in FL may not lead to a doctorate one day, so glad you pointed this out.
Nothing wrong with a non-accredited institution if it does what you need, as eLearner pointed out, but I did find their lack of accreditation to be extremely hypocritical under the circumstances, yes.

If you think you might one day want a doctorate, the MUIH program looks like a much better option. Tuition is a bit higher but, if you don't have to relocate, total costs should be lower.

MUIH doesn't seem to have any specific prerequisite requirements but you might want to contact them just in case to find out if you need (for instance) a graded biology credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pancake123
My 5 cent will be for healthcare degree go always, when you can, to a RA university. Specially thinking with your future and opening doors. Best ways to don´t have regrets in the future. Also, if you have a bachelor before, more open possibilities in case something happens in the way.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kab's post:
  • Pancake123, Pikachu, rachel83az, ss20ts