Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low cost ACE reviewed history courses from Shmoop.com
You can look at the courses available for college credit when you browse all courses- just look at the college section. To see what each class would take to complete, check the syllabus and it will show you the number of topics and what each one entails.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:Just discovered Schmoop, I was wondering for the 24 hour free trial, do they let you access the ACE recommended courses? I was interested in trying to get 3 GE credits but not sure if they'll you get those credits on a free trial.

Go read my post #61 on this thread. It is possible to get credit on the free trial. Or at least it was back in August before they changed their pricing. The only worry I would have is that tomorrow is Thanksgiving and the ACE transcript people and Shmoop people probably won't be working. Someone else may know but if it just goes by the completed date then it may not matter if they don't approve it until the next day.
ndelcollo Wrote:I was able to complete the European History course in the 24 hour trial and received the credit in my ACE transcript (with about 45 minutes to spare) without having to pay. Just an FYI to everyone. It's possible to get at least 3 credits out of this for free. I don't know if 6 or 9 is really possible but it may be!

Also...I'd like to give a shout-out to "rounding" as I finished with a 69.6%! I had to retake one test after the final because I was sitting at 69.2% and I just made it. Normally I'd be embarrassed but for 3 free credits in under a day, I'll take it!

**Also- Be aware that you are in the correct course. Somehow after the final I ended up in World History and unfortunately completed a unit test in that course before I realized it. Now that is something I will be embarrassed about because I wasted about 45 minutes of my life. I thought it was really odd that I suddenly had to do an essay but just chalked it up to the test being a retake. The topics are very similar in both classes.

bumping this to answer the free trial question.
Thanks a lot everyone, I'll try it out and see how it goes. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,310 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 215 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 886 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,479 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,830 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,037 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM