Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA Recommendations
(10-28-2020, 03:33 PM)cerich67 Wrote: https://www.gsw.edu/academics/schools-an...ba-program

30 credit hours

AACSB

$257 a credit hour

This is a 2 year program. Seems like the OP wants something faster.
Thanks everyone, I decided on UMASS Lowell, and I love it. Just started my first semester and the flow is great. 

Thanks for everyone's input!
Can you finish that one in 12 months?
Just a heads up for anyone who might've been thinking about it for a competency-based MBA option: John F. Kennedy University closed back on January 1st. Some of their programs were distributed across National University's school system, but JFKU is no more.

Hate to kick a dead dog when it's down, but in my communications with them they were really awful. Over the course of 2 weeks, no one in admissions could answer a simple question about tuition. They kept sending me messages that the question was being looked into and passed to another team within the department. I finally wrote back and told them to forget about it and remove me from their alerts system.
(03-21-2021, 11:50 PM)Ilianasmile Wrote: Thanks everyone, I decided on UMASS Lowell, and I love it. Just started my first semester and the flow is great. 

Thanks for everyone's input!

Hi @Ilianasmile, 
I am considering UMass Lowell Online MBA program. Have you completed the program? Do you have any feedback?

Thank you
/ A
(10-27-2020, 05:37 PM)Ok   ThatBankDude Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:34 PM)Ilianasmile Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: $900 per credit hour is a good budget. So essentially, your top dollar amount is right around $35,000. Is accreditation important to you? As in, do you want AACSB or ACBSP? Do you want all asynchronous or are you okay with synchronous components? Do you want 100% online or are you okay with a couple immersions?

There are a lot of online MBA programs and a little bit more detail beyond budget and total credits will help.

I am open to just about anything but I really don't want more than 30 credits. The only one I have found is UMASS. Online versus in person is not as important as we are in a pandemic so many colleges are fully remote and will be for a while. I do want accreditation, just not sure which one is better. I am new to all of this. 

Thanks
Emporia State University
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Oklahoma State University
University of North Texas

If cost and credit hours were not a concern, I would recommend Ross, Tepper, Kennan-Flagler, Fuqua, Stern, etc. However, your budget knocks all of those out of the question.

I did my MBA at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Now I am doing my MS in Quantitative Management at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. While I enjoyed my MBA program, the caliber of students is FAR different now I am at Duke.
How was your experience at Southeastern Oklahoma State and their  MBA ? Would you recommend? How fast paced is the 7 week sessions ? Is there a lot of group work? Are there any mandatory live zoom meetings ? If so how much? I know you’re at Duke now but did you benefit professionally by getting your MBA from there ?
(02-11-2023, 07:46 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 05:37 PM)Ok   ThatBankDude Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:34 PM)Ilianasmile Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: $900 per credit hour is a good budget. So essentially, your top dollar amount is right around $35,000. Is accreditation important to you? As in, do you want AACSB or ACBSP? Do you want all asynchronous or are you okay with synchronous components? Do you want 100% online or are you okay with a couple immersions?

There are a lot of online MBA programs and a little bit more detail beyond budget and total credits will help.

I am open to just about anything but I really don't want more than 30 credits. The only one I have found is UMASS. Online versus in person is not as important as we are in a pandemic so many colleges are fully remote and will be for a while. I do want accreditation, just not sure which one is better. I am new to all of this. 

Thanks
Emporia State University
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Oklahoma State University
University of North Texas

If cost and credit hours were not a concern, I would recommend Ross, Tepper, Kennan-Flagler, Fuqua, Stern, etc. However, your budget knocks all of those out of the question.

I did my MBA at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Now I am doing my MS in Quantitative Management at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. While I enjoyed my MBA program, the caliber of students is FAR different now I am at Duke.
How was your experience at Southeastern Oklahoma State and their  MBA ? Would you recommend? How fast paced is the 7 week sessions ? Is there a lot of group work? Are there any mandatory live zoom meetings ? If so how much? I know you’re at Duke now but did you benefit professionally by getting your MBA from there ?

I had a great experience at SOSU and I’d certainly recommend. In fact, my wife is getting ready to start the program.

The pace of the 7 week sessions vary. Some of the courses crammed a lot of material in those 7 weeks whereas other courses was nicely paced. There was minimal group work when I went through it and there are zero mandatory live Zoom sessions.

I do believe the MBA helped me get ahead in my career. I have been fortunate with my path in banking and then I also teach undergraduate courses.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations for least expensive online MSW? studyingfortests 39 6,465 08-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Looking for an MBA program - need recommendations Cliff 10 3,547 01-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Cliff
  graduate school recommendations ladylearner 20 1,887 10-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Last Post: davewill