Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
(03-03-2024, 09:38 AM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote: This may have already been answered, but could not find it in the comments... Is this MBA totally asynchronous, or does it require logging in at specific times for live web chats (zoom, go to meeting, Microsoft teams etc cetera). I work a rotating shift as a paramedic, I work 24 hours shifts on different days each week, so I never have the same days off. Because of this I can only do a fully asynchronous program. . . Thanks for the help.

The program was primarily asynchronous but there were certain courses that had weekly call ins with the instructor as well as courses that had group work that would require some real time coordination and group meetings. Groups were small so it was fairly easy to work out times that worked for everyone. 

The course that comes to mind with the weekly calls was micro and macro economics and the video sessions were classed as optional, but highly advised. The calls made things a lot more manageable overall. Some of the instructors would likely be willing to record these sessions so you could review later, or to send an e-mail summary of the meeting so you could keep up to speed. One instructor in particular was unwilling to do this. 

S
[-] The following 2 users Like lidel's post:
  • Darknigh7, origamishuttle
(03-03-2024, 09:38 AM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote: This may have already been answered, but could not find it in the comments... Is this MBA totally asynchronous, or does it require logging in at specific times for live web chats (zoom, go to meeting, Microsoft teams etc cetera). I work a rotating shift as a paramedic, I work 24 hours shifts on different days each week, so I never have the same days off. Because of this I can only do a fully asynchronous program. . . Thanks for the help.
Mostly (4 out of 6 classes for me so far), but not fully asynchronous. I've had a couple of classes with set weekly times and with presentations (Cross-Cultural Comm) and others that had optional weekly sessions that the professor recorded and made available. They are extremely flexible, however, and offer accommodations for those with difficult schedules.
In progress: HAU MBA Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 244 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,072 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 277 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,456 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 1,914 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,619 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,849 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,977 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,363 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77