Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Question
Question 
I decided to change my major to Interdisciplinary Studies from Registered Nursing. I'm in CC and decided instead of going through the RN route I decided to just take the general studies and transfer to another college? As someone whose interested in health I had a few questions?  When I transfer to my 4-year institution do you think it will be easier to jump into nursing or am I holding myself back? Has anyone else taken this route?
I guess it depends on what your 4-yr school offers. If they offer a BSN (not an RN-to-BSN), and it's a decent price, then you may want to do it. If they don't offer that, and you need an RN first, then you may want to become an RN first.

You could do the backwards route, and get all of your butt-in-seat science prereq's done, while at the same time doing TESU's BSBA in Healthcare Management degree.

It really just depends on what you want to accomplish. What's your ultimate goal?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • 2L8
(10-18-2018, 01:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I guess it depends on what your 4-yr school offers.  If they offer a BSN (not an RN-to-BSN), and it's a decent price, then you may want to do it.  If they don't offer that, and you need an RN first, then you may want to become an RN first.

You could do the backwards route, and get all of your butt-in-seat science prereq's done, while at the same time doing TESU's BSBA in Healthcare Management degree.

It really just depends on what you want to accomplish.  What's your ultimate goal?

Well the ultimate goal is to either earn a MSN or higher. I did a little research and the 4 year degree offers a BSN program.
I'd look at the target college's requirements and see what you'd left after transferring in the courses from the general studies degree. Keep in mind, though, that unless you already have evidence that they'll transfer a certain way (an articulation agreement or the like, or at least reports from people who have transferred those classes to that school), they might not transfer quite the way you expect.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • 2L8
Thanks guys. I checked at the school that I wished to attend and they have the BSN , I won't be left with that many credits which is nice. The weirdest think is I thought I had this "thing" all together after H.S but I didn't it's frustrating yet fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2L8's post:
  • a2jc4life

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia