Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Management information systems?
Looking for an ACE (or charter oak accepted) Management Information systems course? Looking for one that does not require any essays or assignment. (IE the Saylor Marketing test)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clepking100's post:
  • kevie
Try Davar Academy. The test has essay questions but, they aren't bad at all. Worst part is the transcripts are sent snail mail since its NCCRS. I recommend them especially if your comfortable with clep or dsst exams. They have a few classes that will come in UL so might as well knock out the MIS and some other test with the 2 for 99 a month deal.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
(04-07-2020, 12:57 PM)withrown Wrote: Try Davar Academy. The test has essay questions but, they aren't bad at all. Worst part is the transcripts are sent snail mail since its NCCRS. I recommend them especially if your comfortable with clep or dsst exams. They have a few classes that will come in UL so might as well knock out the MIS and some other test with the 2 for 99 a month deal.

Seconding this. Took this exam and passed with an 82, just make pay special attention to the study guide's bullet points. 10 open-ended, but many of the questions were closely linked to them.
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
Saylor.org should have two courses that hit the MIS category as lower level. Actually, I just checked, their MIS and SIT (Strategic Info Tech) courses actually expired in 2019 for ACE recommendations, oh well, the Davar course would be the best bet then.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I just posted a thread as I learned from my counselor today that Charter Oak does not have an agreement with Davar and that as of July 1, credits will not be transferrable to them any longer.  According to the Associate Registrar, the course must be completed AND transcripted prior to July 1.  Not good news for me to learn, but I wanted to share this with you as I had previously read this thread to help me figure out my game plan, which of course is kind of messed up now.

Best of luck to you.
I wonder why no providers can keep this course..

Davar done
saylor expired
Straighterline doesnt have it

Study.com will be the only place?
I just restarted my study.com account and signed up for the MIS.  According to their transfer guide, it comes in as upper level to COSC.  I have an email into my counselor to confirm that.  

I did the option to take a placement test before I started the course, and tested out of 35% of the quizzes, which was 38 out of 113 quizzes, so a pretty big chunk.  Many of the questions were basic like, which of these are considered an output device (microphone, printer, etc), and which of these are a peripheral (mouse, keyboard, etc.) so not hard questions at all.  I don't have an IT or computer background, just basic knowledge.

Still leaves the assignments to have do though - three of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kevie's post:
  • LongRoad
(05-08-2020, 07:20 PM)Clepking100 Wrote: I wonder why no providers can keep this course..

Davar done
saylor expired
Straighterline doesnt have it

Study.com will be the only place?

Ok, so my COSC counselor said LL on the study.com MIS course.  Study.com has had it listed as UL for months.  I understand that they need to transfer things where it’s appropriate for them, but this class is definitely more like UL.  I’ve just completed 5 LL at study.com and those all consisted of just quizzes and the final.  This class has the same quizzes and finals as a LL but also requires 3 assignments - a case study, analysis paper, and a research paper, 1k or 1500k minimum words.  Actually there is MORE work in this class than most UL courses.  I’m currently taking this class as they’re the only provider offering it who will not expire soon, but I need in, so gotta trudge on.

Interesting note...just checked the transfer guide and it now shows lower level.
(04-08-2020, 08:07 AM)amaquiling Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 12:57 PM)withrown Wrote: Try Davar Academy. The test has essay questions but, they aren't bad at all. Worst part is the transcripts are sent snail mail since its NCCRS. I recommend them especially if your comfortable with clep or dsst exams. They have a few classes that will come in UL so might as well knock out the MIS and some other test with the 2 for 99 a month deal.

Seconding this. Took this exam and passed with an 82, just make pay special attention to the study guide's bullet points. 10 open-ended, but many of the questions were closely linked to them.

Third.  Working on Davar CIS315 and MAN310 right now.  They're both 60 multiple choice and 10 essay questions on the exam.  Both include fairly extensive chapter quizzes (just on paper, not for grade, but helpful) as well.
MIS from Davar did not come in as Upper Level on my advising worksheet (COSC). I had to fill that slot with something else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 303 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,365 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Sophia Project Management MrBossmanJr 19 3,371 09-15-2023, 06:00 PM
  Sophia - Principles of Management Kones 6 2,109 02-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: tsgreer
  Saylor BUS402: Project Management ClockworkHammer 4 1,230 11-19-2021, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  SDC Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design rachel83az 4 1,714 07-08-2021, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Turkish
  Davar Adademy - Accounting 302 - Accounting for Management bookred 2 1,077 06-22-2021, 02:21 PM
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems SDC assignment onlinelearner99 1 970 04-02-2021, 01:09 AM
  Sophia Project Management - TESU MAN210 Dorothy44 6 1,230 03-24-2021, 04:07 AM
  SDC Plans and speed for Database management StudentOLife 24 2,831 01-14-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife