Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Project Management
(05-28-2018, 04:22 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Thanks, I'll e-mail them today. I'm going to continue these courses for the BALS too.

Dumb question: why are you getting a BS in TS, and a BALS?  I always think of the BALS as the check-the-box degree, but I don't know why anyone would get a generic degree after getting something like a BS in TS (which is also more generic, but still more useful than a BALS).  Why would you spend the money on more courses, and pay for and do a 2nd capstone, and pay a second residency waiver fee for that?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Actually, I think I am closer to the BALS than the TS degree. So I will be trying for the BALS first. I wanted the TS as a back-up, but I might end up skipping it. I just want to finish a degree as quick as possible. My real goal would probably be that BA in Computer Science after the BALS.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(05-28-2018, 06:52 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Actually, I think I am closer to the BALS than the TS degree. So I will be trying for the BALS first. I wanted the TS as a back-up, but I might end up skipping it. I just want to finish a degree as quick as possible. My real goal would probably be that BA in Computer Science after the BALS.

Yeah, I think a BALS and a BS in TS is not going to be much bang for your buck.  With the additional 24cr, plus another residency waiver and capstone (and with the current pricing expiring on 6/30), you will easily be spending $5-$6k for a second degree.  You'd probably be better off getting the BA in CS from WGU, or even getting a MS instead.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
I wonder if I could get the BALS and do a masters in Computer Science at WGU. You're full of wonderful ideas. Thank you again. Now if only I can get this degree...
(05-28-2018, 10:32 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: I wonder if I could get the BALS and do a masters in Computer Science at WGU. You're full of wonderful ideas. Thank you again. Now if only I can get this degree...

They don't have a MS in CompSci.
Oh sadness. Maybe another bachelors in computer science then.
Investing in education is an investment in oneself. Plus, going through a second capstone and residency waiver fee might provide a chance to delve deeper into a specific area of interest. It's cool to see how different folks approach education and career choices. Change can be a bit overwhelming, but sometimes switching things up opens up exciting opportunities.
I did this in Sophia but I like study.com better for the other classes I’ve done. If you read fast and retain I’d say this class could be completed in Sophia in one long 12 hour day. I recommend keeping the section PDF open and ctrl+f anything you don’t know on the section tests.
I took 4-5 Sophia classes, and this was my favorite one. The course material was taught very well and in an engaging way. It's one of a handful of undergrad. classes that's been most helpful in my work life. (I kept all my notes & handouts and periodically review them.) I'd definitely recommend it.
This is a lower level credit course from Sophia.org, when they first came out with the course it was upper level until they changed that to lower level credit. It's a great start, but for those that are looking for upper level credit, you can do the $5 Saylor.org right after you get the Sophia.org credit. Unless you want to do the Study.com version for upper level credit, that would be my recommendation.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 355 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,400 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,321 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 654 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 936 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 889 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 360 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle