Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Managerial Accounting and Straighterline help
I did search but there was so much scattered info I was hoping I could confirm here.

I am missing Managerial Accounting for Excelsior Degree. From what I have read so far, I can take Straighterline Account II, transfer to FHSU, then transfer to Excelsior? Is it possible to go Straight > ACE > Excelsior still?

Thank You in advance.
03/24 12 CLEP Spanish : 72
04/07 03 CLEP Principles of Marketing : 72
04/14 03 CLEP Principles of Management : 66
04/21 03 CLEP US History I : 57
04/28 03 CLEP Introductory Sociology : 69
05/05 06 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature : 65
05/12 03 CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics : 64
05/13 03 DSST Introduction to Computing : 420
05/13 03 DSST Introduction to Business : 434
05/19 03 CLEP Principles of Microeconomics : 63
05/26 03 CLEP Financial Accounting : 53
06/09 03 CLEP Introductory Business Law : 59
06/25 03 ALEKS College Algebra
07/05 03 ALEKS Introduction to Statistics

Straighteline English Composition 1
FHSU Managerial Accounting
I believe that people were using FHSU before Excelsior became a "Partner College" with Straigterline. From the Straighterline web site:
When you enroll at Excelsior College, you just e-mail your StraighterLine course advisor to have your StraighterLine transcript forwarded to Excelsior– it’s that easy!
If you want a letter grade, I think you could still have it transcripted through FHSU, as they give a letter grade and Excelsior is pass/fail. Someone will probably come along that knows more about that than I do.Wink I'm currently taking Accounting II through Straighterline.
I took the straighterline Managerial Accounting last week. Upon course completion I told them I wanted FHSU to transcribe it. They sent me to FHSU to apply and pay the $30 fee, and my grades should be entered into the system soon.

The first time I took this course at a traditional school was in the mid 90's and I got a "D". Completed this course in 9 hours total and was very excited about it.

Good luck! Read some of the suggestions on previous posts for tips and tricks.

EricaJean Wrote:I believe that people were using FHSU before Excelsior became a "Partner College" with Straigterline. From the Straighterline web site:
When you enroll at Excelsior College, you just e-mail your StraighterLine course advisor to have your StraighterLine transcript forwarded to Excelsior– it’s that easy!
If you want a letter grade, I think you could still have it transcripted through FHSU, as they give a letter grade and Excelsior is pass/fail. Someone will probably come along that knows more about that than I do.Wink I'm currently taking Accounting II through Straighterline.
PMartinez,
The quote below is correct. Excelsior is now a partner college. Here is a chart of how they will transfer the credits.
Transfer College Credit for Online College Courses to Excelsior College - StraighterLine

If you have any questions just give us a call during business hours.

EricaJean Wrote:I believe that people were using FHSU before Excelsior became a "Partner College" with Straigterline. From the Straighterline web site:
How can I utilize Straighterline & get credit at TESC?
jt003806 Wrote:How can I utilize Straighterline & get credit at TESC?

I went with FHSU for a grade ($30 enrollment fee/first 3 transcripts free). If I had scored lower than 80% I would have used ACE for CR. Breakdown below:

Straighterline > FHSU > TESC
course grade: 90-100% = A
course grade: 80-89% = B
course grade: 70-79% = C

Straighterline > ACE > TESC
course grade: 70%+ = CR

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
So Straighterline Accounting II will cover Managerial accounting at TESC?

Is it cheaper to just send it Straighterline>ACE>TESC or the other way?

One last question. Does the course cost $99+$39 as said on their homepage, or $399 as listed under the course?

Thanks
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
rossatkinson Wrote:So Straighterline Accounting II will cover Managerial accounting at TESC?

Is it cheaper to just send it Straighterline>ACE>TESC or the other way?

One last question. Does the course cost $99+$39 as said on their homepage, or $399 as listed under the course?

Thanks

It will be cheaper and faster to go directly to TESC (they are now a partner college) not through ACE.

As for the pricing you have two options.
$99/month plus one time $39 course fee is your least expensive option if you will finish your coursework in less than 4 months. You can sign up here:
College Courses Online For $99 A Month and Earn College Credit - StraighterLine

The $399 option is the way to go if you want to take 6 months to finish the course. You can sign up from the course page.
Accounting II College Course Online | Online Corporate Accounting Course - StraighterLine

Here is more info on the different pricing options:
Which online college courses pricing plan is right for me? - StraighterLine

Hope this helps.
Yes, thank you very much.
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,841 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 833 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 678 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,080 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 886 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,267 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,670 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Anyone Ever Taken Managerial Communications TECEP? SmokeEm 8 1,744 01-12-2021, 02:51 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,293 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,295 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85