Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Managerial Accounting - where?
Hi all. I have completed Principles of Finance, Financial Accounting, and College Algebra with no real issues.  I however for some reason am struggling with Managerial Accounting. I started at Straighter Line and a dropped it because the course material was laid out in a way that made no sense to me and I was watching Tony Bell on YT to learn. I didn’t think I could pass a proctored final at SL with no notes. 
I have to take it. But and trying to decide if Study.com or waiting to take it at UMPI is a better choice for someone who just doesn’t seem to remember all the formulas. Anyone taken at either place and can recommend the path of least resistance? Thanks all!
SL courses are longer and more difficult than other platforms. Study and UMPI are probably your best options. I took it at a community college. THat was a LOT of work. Two thumbs down LOL
Which school are you taking it for? I ask because for TESU Straighterline's Managerial Accounting does not come in as Managerial Accounting (it comes in as UL Cost Accounting)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Pach
It depends on where you're taking it to as to where you should take it. But I'm going with a hard pass on SL, I hate them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My vote is for sdc. Just finished all but the final.
Thanks all. I’ll try it at SDC and if I don’t clear it in time for July session start at UMPI I’ll just take it there. ?
At SL - For Accounting I, I had 93. Accounting II, 89. Financial Accounting, 91. From looking at those first scores, you would think I may have hit anywhere from 89-93 for Managerial Accounting.... but I got a 79! A whopping 10-13% drop, I took it after two final exams way past midnight, didn't do as well because it's an Upper Level course compared the the other three...

Anyways, I took about 33-34 courses at StraighterLine way back in the day when they were the most popular for the price... I didn't like ProctorU but had to do it for the credit. I just viewed their online exam/proctoring, it is still open book for accounting and most most of their business courses as per their exam link here: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just take it at Study.com. I took it last week. It was dull, boring, repetitive, repetitive, and repetitive. Don’t feel like I actually learned anything. But, it’s done.
In progress: TESU: BS CIS | Coursera: Google IT Support
Completed: TESU: BSAST Nuclear Engineering Technology (2004)
(05-04-2023, 07:22 AM)Jennbean1 Wrote: Hi all. I have completed Principles of Finance, Financial Accounting, and College Algebra with no real issues.  I however for some reason am struggling with Managerial Accounting. I started at Straighter Line and a dropped it because the course material was laid out in a way that made no sense to me and I was watching Tony Bell on YT to learn. I didn’t think I could pass a proctored final at SL with no notes. 
I have to take it. But and trying to decide if Study.com or waiting to take it at UMPI is a better choice for someone who just doesn’t seem to remember all the formulas. Anyone taken at either place and can recommend the path of least resistance? Thanks all!

First of all,
just to be clear, you need to take exactly SL ACC 150 Managerial Accounting for it to come in as BUS 220 at UMPI

Else you have to take Accounting 301: Applied Managerial Accounting at SDC. The SCD course which requires 2 complex assignments.
https://study.com/academy/lesson/assignm...nting.html
https://study.com/academy/lesson/assignm...nting.html

Second of all,
you seem to be confused about the SL format.  SL for that course does allow for notes front and back so you don't have to memorize any formulas.
https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/

Also, every quiz/text is open book, and you can search for answers a lot of times. You mainly need to know how to debit/credit items to add things up. Focus mainly on that. 

If you can maintain an 80% B avg for the midterm and quizzes, you only need a 46% on the final to pass. (you can retake the 1st quiz an unlimited number of times)

I would listen to the slideshow they have, and do the pre-quiz questions. Then attempt the quizzes. You don't have to read the book word for word as it's impossible to memorize it anyhow. 

I would stick with SL unless, for some reason you can't maintain a 75% avg.

Did you at least attempt the 1st quiz and what was the result? You should as there is no risk of failing.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 4,443 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 436 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 324 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  SDC or Sophia - Managerial Communications Dosada 2 449 11-21-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com accounting 303 assignment 2 Pats20 0 511 06-14-2023, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 339 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Sophia - principals of finance or financial accounting? cclocks8 10 1,791 09-28-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Help finding an accounting course cdickerson0601 6 961 01-19-2022, 12:40 PM
  Davar Adademy - Accounting 302 - Accounting for Management bookred 2 1,088 06-22-2021, 02:21 PM
  SL Managerial Accounting to TESU Student87 3 817 05-19-2021, 11:13 AM