Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master's for software engineering or CS
I am graduating with a bachelor's in liberal studies mathematics and natural sciences and a computer science associate. I would like to get a software engineering masters degree, I am looking for a school that is in the 10-14k range and will accept my not too stellar GPA of 2.75. I found fort hays but I would prefer a software engineering degree. Help please Smile
@KittenBat, Welcome to the board, that's a very good introduction post. I guess you're just looking for affirmation Fort Hays is a good choice and also see if there are alternatives. I was just wondering where you got the Associates and where you're going to graduate from with the BALS, is it TESU? Generally, I ask people to fill us in with more details from the template/last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

My suggestion is to complete the template as your intro covers a bit of that, do also provide us more details within the last post addendum, we want to know about your budget, commitments, your study habits and preferences, tuition reimbursements, whatever else that you can think of that is mentioned in the addendum (beyond what you mentioned).  With a clearer picture, it would be a better overview of your situation and we can advise accordingly.

Note: I suggest you have a short list created, then shrink that list to a top 3 choices of yours and top 3 backup options. The one you listed is mentioned when you do searches or view the graduate section, I did a few for Masters in Applied Science and related degrees.  Masters are a dime a dozen when HR looks though applications, everyone is shooting for them... Does it have to be MS Comp Sci, Software Engineering, or would something else very similar suit you more? That's why I asked what your undergrad is from, you can either ladder up from those, or shoot in another slightly different direction.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,757 551,660 1 minute ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 0 31 1 hour ago
Last Post: ashkir
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 274 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,216 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 212 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 644 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 607 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,680 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,850 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 286 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM