Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinda silly, but important to me!
All I needed to complete my pierpont BOG was a computer literacy course. AND I JUST FINISHED IT!! Yay. I’m actually quite proud of myself. When I receive the degree I’ll be done with my bachelors as well.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
[-] The following 6 users Like adegree4me's post:
  • asianphd, P226mem, rachel83az, ss20ts, StoicJ, wxcooper
That's great! Congratulations on getting your first degree! I bet it feels awesome to finally be a college graduate after all this time and all of your work!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-22-2020, 12:38 PM)rachel83az Wrote: That's great! Congratulations on getting your first degree! I bet it feels awesome to finally be a college graduate after all this time and all of your work!
I’ll definitely be more excited about it when I get the official word from pierpont that I can apply for graduation. 
But yes I’m very very happy I finished something!
[-] The following 1 user Likes adegree4me's post:
  • rachel83az
Great job! You're almost done, once you have applied and have approval for graduation, the last step to do is send me a large sum of money... otherwise, it'll just be silly not to send me the hard earned cash of yours... <LOL> it's literally a requirement!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-22-2020, 01:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Great job! You're almost done, once you have applied and have approval for graduation, the last step to do is send me a large sum of money... otherwise, it'll just be silly not to send me the hard earned cash of yours... <LOL> it's literally a requirement!
Hahahaha!!! You’re to funny!
Congratulations!!! Something I appreciate about this forum is that we're open about our struggles, we get support from fellow posters, and all of us celebrate accomplishments.

Good on you.

AND IT'S NOT SILLY!!!. Don't minimize your accomplishment. I'm sure you don't mean it to come across this way, but by saying that it's "Kinda silly...," it's like you're minimizing the goal those of us behind you are working hard to achieve.
(12-23-2020, 08:28 AM)LongRoad Wrote: Congratulations!!! Something I appreciate about this forum is that we're open about our struggles, we get support from fellow posters, and all of us celebrate accomplishments.

Good on you.

AND IT'S NOT SILLY!!!. Don't minimize your accomplishment. I'm sure you don't mean it to come across this way, but by saying that it's "Kinda silly...," it's like you're minimizing the goal those of us behind you are working hard to achieve.
You know, I never thought of it that way. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. And you’re right, I didn’t mean for it to sound like I was minimizing anyone’s accomplishment. So I’m gonna change my title. And thank you so much for your words of encouragement and wisdom.

ETA: I can't edit my title. But I wanted to say that I'm deeply sorry for anyone that reads this post and is offended. I did not mean it that way. This is the first time I've finished a degree, and it feels amazing. so this isn't silly. In fact it's amazing, and its very important to me that I actually finished something that means so much to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes adegree4me's post:
  • wxcooper
Sheesh, and now I sound like some sort of fragile flower. That's NOT how I meant to come across, and that's not who I am. When wanting to reply to your post, I wanted to incorporate a quote I'd seen years ago about things before us seem like mountains, but, once accomplished, they seem like molehills. (The quote that I couldn't find was MUCH more eloquent, I can tell you.)

That was really the point I was trying to make. For many of us, getting this degree has been a hard slog. Maybe, when (if?) accomplished, I'll be saying, "Why did I put it off for so long? Easy as pie." Folks here often write "YMMV" when discussing difficulty of courses, tests, etc. And I think, within ourselves, our mileage may vary. Before the degree, courses seem long, studying seems tough, exam questions seem obtuse. Then? You get the piece of paper, and, like I was told in the Army, "Pain has no memory." It becomes easy to minimize an important accomplishment.

And BRAG. For myself, that's one of the hardest things to do. Don't do humble. Don't minimize. BRAG. You're achieving something that lots of other folks will never accomplish. If you can't beat your chest now, when can you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongRoad's post:
  • rachel83az
(12-24-2020, 08:50 AM)LongRoad Wrote: Sheesh, and now I sound like some sort of fragile flower. That's NOT how I meant to come across, and that's not who I am. When wanting to reply to your post, I wanted to incorporate a quote I'd seen years ago about things before us seem like mountains, but, once accomplished, they seem like molehills. (The quote that I couldn't find was MUCH more eloquent, I can tell you.)

That was really the point I was trying to make. For many of us, getting this degree has been a hard slog. Maybe, when (if?) accomplished, I'll be saying, "Why did I put it off for so long? Easy as pie." Folks here often write "YMMV" when discussing difficulty of courses, tests, etc. And I think, within ourselves, our mileage may vary. Before the degree, courses seem long, studying seems tough, exam questions seem obtuse. Then? You get the piece of paper, and, like I was told in the Army, "Pain has no memory." It becomes easy to minimize an important accomplishment.

And BRAG. For myself, that's one of the hardest things to do. Don't do humble. Don't minimize. BRAG. You're achieving something that lots of other folks will never accomplish. If you can't beat your chest now, when can you?

You truly don't seem like a fragile flower at all! I know that my post could have been offensive to some, especially because I'm minimizing myself and my accomplishments, which others could take as me minimizing them. 

Merry Christmas Eve LongRoad!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Silly Degree Mill: Newton Hills University elcastor21 1 473 10-02-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Johann
  ACTFL- silly question... uncapentin 10 1,143 02-22-2022, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Google finds that STEM skills are not the most important skills originalamyj 6 2,394 02-23-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Silly Question about "The Big 3" Berzerker 12 3,095 11-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  ACE Credit and Transcripts - important cookderosa 1 1,151 12-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Last Post: jsd
  How important is Magna or Cum Laude Designation? bjones 14 2,482 12-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Last Post: bjones
  Is regional accreditation still important for grad school? soliloquy 37 4,140 05-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  ECE Abnormal Psychology - Important Update SuZQ2 4 1,140 11-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Imran520
  Follow Me Here, Kinda Tricky PLA Question rkleem 5 943 12-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: rkleem
  A&I Lit tomorow...Kinda just going for it! clipse4u2c 5 1,143 07-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Last Post: STG