Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistake(s) on final BA transcript?
I aim to graduate in September 2019, and have a few questions about the final TESU transcript:

1. Does the order in which completed course credits appear on my academic evaluation now, also reflect how they will appear in the final transcript upon graduation? I am seeing that they are just arbitrarily shifting around courses, each time I send in a transcript. In a BA-LS with Psychology concentration, there are 12 credits of Liberal studies coursework that forms part of the AOS. TESU seems to be shifting around courses in this section.

2. Will my final transcript reflect what my major was? In which case, I would like my transcript to reveal particular course details, and not whatever they please.

3. Finally, I see that some grad schools require students to calculate their own GPA (both major GPA & overall GPA), in case their transcripts do not clearly reflect their GPAs. This is particularly applicable for students who transferred in credits from different sources. So, it is sometimes expected of them to send all those original transcripts along with their own calculation of GPA. I bore this in mind, and focused a lot on some courses, which I wanted to be part of my AOS. I wanted to make sure I have a very good major GPA.

How do I address this with TESU? Or does it matter at all?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-02-2019, 11:35 PM)Supermind Wrote: I aim to graduate in September 2019, and have a few questions about the final TESU transcript:

1. Does the order in which completed course credits appear on my academic evaluation now, also reflect how they will appear in the final transcript upon graduation? I am seeing that they are just arbitrarily shifting around courses, each time I send in a transcript. In a BA-LS with Psychology concentration, there are 12 credits of Liberal studies coursework that forms part of the AOS. TESU seems to be shifting around courses in this section.

2. Will my final transcript reflect what my major was? In which case, I would like my transcript to reveal particular course details, and not whatever they please.

3. Finally, I see that some grad schools require students to calculate their own GPA (both major GPA & overall GPA), in case their transcripts do not clearly reflect their GPAs. This is particularly applicable for students who transferred in credits from different sources. So, it is sometimes expected of them to send all those original transcripts along with their own calculation of GPA. I bore this in mind, and focused a lot on some courses, which I wanted to be part of my AOS. I wanted to make sure I have a very good major GPA.

How do I address this with TESU? Or does it matter at all?

#1) I have my TESU in front of me now. I can confirm that my assessment credits (CLEP, DSST) are totally random - not in the order I took them. Not alphabetical either. My institutional credits ARE in order listed by date and broken down by quarter with TERM GPA and CUMULATIVE GPA at each quarter break.

#2) My degrees are both listed, as are my areas of study for both and date of conferral for both.

#3 I'm not sure that I understand the question.
Thank you @cookderosa. My question has been answered on another thread. I was imagining that my final transcript would list my courses in the same way as the academic evaluation I see online now. The academic evaluation has clear segments:
Knowledge of human cultures, Gen-Ed Electives, AoS...etc. I was thinking that if my final transcript would also carry such segments, clearly showing how each course was applied towards my degree, then I would want certain courses featuring in my AOS, as I have scored very high in them. So, my self calculated major GPA would be very good.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-04-2019, 09:02 PM)Supermind Wrote: Thank you @cookderosa. My question has been answered on another thread. I was imagining that my final transcript would list my courses in the same way as the academic evaluation I see online now. The academic evaluation has clear segments:
Knowledge of human cultures, Gen-Ed Electives, AoS...etc. I was thinking that if my final transcript would also carry such segments, clearly showing how each course was applied towards my degree, then I would want certain courses featuring in my AOS, as I have scored very high in them. So, my self calculated major GPA would be very good.

Gotcha. Yeah, I think my academic evaluation outlined how I met my degree requirements too. Your transcript is just the report. Congratulations btw!! Well done!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 972 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 439 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 414 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  TESU Transcript Key? Insert Name 1 392 07-06-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  How do alt credits display on TESU transcript? CanICode 12 1,592 03-09-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What my final transcript will look like (2nd degree)? frankc 2 463 02-27-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: frankc
  TESU transcript before graduation spohara 2 692 10-16-2022, 08:45 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Does TESU confirm receipt of Credly transcript? skw512e 11 1,564 06-22-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: skw512e
  Theoretical question: Adding ACE credits to a TESU transcript after graduation? studyingfortests 12 1,583 06-10-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing